In the recent era, online learning has gained tremendous popularity because of its flexible learning and cost-effective opportunities.
There are several online learning platforms, but when it comes to Data science courses, then Datacamp is the name that instantly strikes the mind.
However, it may not be the right platform for everyone. Therefore, here are some Datacamp alternatives that you can check out.
Top 9 Datacamp Alternatives: In A Nutshell 2023
|Sr. No||Datacamp Alternatives||Best For|
|2||Pluralsight||Programming and technology-related courses|
|3||365 Data Science||Best for beginners|
|4||Edx||Computer Science and Management courses|
|5||Codecademy||For Programming languages|
|6||Udacity||Best for Tech-based courses|
|7||LinkedIn Learning||Best of professional training courses|
|8||Udemy||Best Software development courses|
|9||Khan Academy||Comprehensive Courses|
Below is the complete overview of the best Datacamp alternatives that you can go through.
|Pricing||Individual courses- $$49 to $79 Guided Projects- $9.99Professional certificates- $39 per month Specializations- $39 per month Degrees- Starting at $9,000|
Our top pick Coursera is the most extensive e-learning platform offering a comprehensive range of courses in disparate areas, right from psychology to programming, data analysis, and machine learning.
The courses offered by Coursera are crafted for all beginners, intermediate and advanced-level learners. It offers well-structured courses from top-notch universities and organizations.
There is a plethora of Data science courses offered by Coursera, all designed by expert instructors. You can take these courses at your own pace and earn legit and shareable certificates.
Coming to data science and tech-related courses, Coursera is a great alternative to Datacamp with a couple of top-rated courses, such as the Google Analytics professional certificate, IBM data science course, and many more.
- Opportunity to expand your knowledge in the areas of Statistics and probability, Data analysis, and machine learning.
- Self-paced learning options
- 14-day money-back guarantee
- Graded assignments and quizzes
- Free trial period of 7 days.
- Offers exceptional customer support service
Top Coursera courses
- Machine learning specialization
- Applied data science with Python
- Understanding and Visualizing Data with Python
- Data Engineering Foundation
To get a complete insight into the platform, you can check out our Coursera Plus review.
|Pricing||Standard Plan- $149 Premium plan- $224 per Year|
Being one of the popular platforms, Pluralsight offers more than 7000 skill development courses on technology, and all are led by top instructors having expertise in that particular field.
Pluralsight has thousands of expert-led courses technology-based courses, including software development courses, security including, digital forensics, security auditing, and several creative professional courses.
The standard plan of Pluralsight allows access to the library of 2,500 courses, skills, and role assessments. In essence, the premium plan provides access to the full library of 7000+ courses.
It offers Role IQ and Skill IQ features that allow you to find courses as per your knowledge and skills. You can also check our Pluralsight discount to save a few bucks on your purchase.
- Hands-on content and coding projects
- Curated learning paths and channels
- Active customer support
- Certificates of completion
- Course recommendation engine
- Comprehension checks
Top Edx courses
- Getting Started in UX Design
- Ethical Hacking: Understanding Ethical Hacking
- Understanding Machine Learning
3. 365 Data Science
|Pricing||Monthly-$36Annual-$29 Per Month|
|Free trial||If offers a free plan|
As a beginner, if you are looking for one of the best Datacamp alternatives, then 365 Data Science is the perfect option for you to help you better understand Data Science right from scratch.
Both Datacamp and 365 Data Science have a main focus on data-related courses. However, Datacamp has a wider range of courses than 365 Data Science.
365 Data Science allows you to select two elective courses that complement the required topics for your career track.
It also offers live training sessions to determine your specific data needs with additional resources such as Q&A sessions.
Taking the courses, I felt 365 Data Science has well-structured courses, and all the course contents are well-presented with exclusive exercises for practice.
- A 30-day money-back guarantee
- Opportunity to earn career track certificates
- Top-notch instructors
- Portfolio advice and resume feedback
- Gamified features
- Personalized support
Top 365 Data Science courses
- Introduction to Data and data science
- Python Programmer Bootcamp
- Introduction to Python
- Introduction to Business Analytics
|Pricing||$50 to $300|
|Free trial||No, but you can audit courses to access for free|
With Edx courses, you can gain the opportunity to learn from more than 250 leading institutions and from well-renowned instructors.
From engaging video lectures and dynamic graphics to data visualizations, you can learn new skills and enhance your knowledge with several interactive elements.
Edx also helps you with additional language programs to help you prepare for the exams such as TOEFL and IELTS.
It comprises courses in English as well as other languages such as Chinese, French, and Spanish, along with subtitles available in English. In case of any queries, you can reach out to the interactive customer support of the platform.
- Free access to several course contents
- Self-paced courses
- Collaborative learning via discussion forums.
- The refund policy of 14-day
Top Skillshare courses
- Machine learning for Data Science and Analytics
- Foundations of Data Science
- Probability and Statistics in Data Science Using Python
- Data Science: Capstone
|Pricing||Pro Plan-$29.99 Per MonthPlus Plan-$17.49 Per Month|
The next best alternative to Datacamp is Codecademy which offers several free courses and paid courses with a major focus on web development skills and coding.
All the course lessons offered by Codecademy are interactive and are designed for beginner, intermediate, and advanced users.
Codecademy offers a clean and user-friendly interface and provides you with a gamified learning experience. The platform offers different coding lessons and exercises and provides you with instant feedback.
If you have any queries, you can go to the contact us page of the platform, where you can type your questions, and the support team will get back to you.
- Offer free learning resources such as videos, docs, and cheat sheets
- Certificates of completion
- Learning path customization
- Content assignment and access to learners group.
- Courses for 14+ programming languages
Top Codecademy courses
- Learn HTML
- Learn Python 3
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
- Data Scientist: Machine Learning Specialist
|Pricing||Varies As Per The Course|
|Free trial||30 days free access to one nano degree program|
With more than 16.9 million users, Udacity stands out as the best Datacamp alternative due to its prominence on relationships with the top IT firms and employable skills.
If you want to learn new kill or upscale your knowledge in the area of Business, Data Science, and programming, then opting for Udacity is not a bad option at all.
It offers several nano degree programs with different time durations. You can also gain access to the additional service offered by the platform, such as job counseling and one-on-one mentoring.
Udacity mostly features courses in the area of Cloud computing, Cybersecurity, Artificial intelligence, and web development.
Even though the University does not accredit the certificates, several tech companies provide value to the certifications offered by Udacity while hiring new employees.
- High-quality content
- The refund policy of 7-day
- Course recommendation engine
- Interactive and engaging video content
- Certificates on successful course completion
Top Udacity Courses
- Data Engineering with AWS
- Site reliability engineer
- Multi-cloud computing
- Machine Learning DevOps Engineer
7. LinkedIn Learning
|Pricing||Monthly plan: $39.99 per monthAnnual plan: $323.88|
|Free trial||1-month free trial|
LinkedIn Learning is a comprehensive platform that is connected to the professional networking platform “LinkedIn.”
Similar to Datacamp, LinkedIn learning offers self-paced learning options where you can choose from an extensive library of courses.
With more than 16,000 professional courses led by experts, you can access flexible learning opportunities and earn certificates on successful course completions.
The courses are condensed and well structured, imparting practical and precise knowledge and providing job-ready skills. All the course recommendations are tailored to your interests.
It offers interactive learning options with exclusive practice quizzes and practice exercises. It mainly features creativity, business, and tech-related courses.
- Saved courses and learning paths
- Assessments, exercise files, and notes
- Access to 21,000+ courses that are taught by real-world professionals
- Q&A features to help you with your queries
- Comprehensive and high-quality content
- Excel Lookup Functions in Depth
- Power BI Essential Training
- Artificial Intelligence Foundations: Machine Learning
- Introduction to Prompt Engineering for Generative AI
Udemy is one of the popular online learning platforms and one of the best alternatives to Datacamp. It boasts around 19000+ top courses you can take any time and anywhere.
Python programming, machine learning, and SQL are some of the popular courses that are accessed by more than six million users.
The platform also offers courses in the top categories such as IT and software, design, development, personal development, business, etc. It offers a user-friendly interface.
Upon completion of the course, Udemy offers a certification. Based on your data, Udemy suggests customized lists of different courses.
|Pricing||Varies as per course steam plan-$360 per user/year|
|Free trial||Available to the new subscribers|
- Access to international course collection in 14 languages
- Offers a 30-day money-back guarantee
- You can attend Multimedia lectures that include exams and readings
- 213,000 online video courses
Top Udemy courses
- Ultimate AWS certified solutions Architect Associate SAA-C03
- Learn Ethical Hacking from scratch
- The Data Science Course 2023:Complete Data Science Bootcamp
- Python for Data Science and Machine Learning Bootcamp
9. Khan Academy
|Free trial||The platform offers free learning opportunities|
If you are looking for an affordable learning option, then Khan Academy is a good option to go. It is a non-profit e-learning platform that offers a diverse range of courses in distinct areas.
Created by experts, the platform library boasts courses in Science, Maths, Economics, and many more, along with video lessons, assessments, and practice exercises.
Khan Academy only offers teacher training certificates and Learnstorm certificates, making it more suitable for self-enrichment than for career advancement.
- It offers interactive exercises.
- Provides free access to several resources
- Personalized learning dashboard
- Instructional videos
- AP courses for college credit
Top Khan Academy courses
- Statistics and Probability
- Data analysis and big data
- Advanced JS: Games and Visualizations
- Coursera Alternatives
- Best Skillshare Alternatives
- Best LastPass Alternatives
- Best Udemy Alternatives
Final Thoughts: Datacamp Alternatives (2023)
Wrapping up, Datacamp is the best and most well-established platform, but it is not the only option available. You can explore several platforms.
All the above-listed alternatives are the best ones, and you can go for any one of them. However, if you are still confused, then Pluralsight, Coursera, and 365 Data Science are the top three recommendations for you.
Consider your academic goals, course offerings, personalized learning tools, certifications, and the affordability of the platform before opting for the best one.
So begin your journey towards a bright future with any one of the available Datacamp alternatives.
Which Datacamp alternative are you opting for? Let us know in the comments section below.
Are Datacamp certifications worth it?
Even though Datacamp is not accredited and does not offer certificates as credentials, you can still add them to your resume, as employers recognize and consider them valuable.
Which platform is better, Coursera or Datacamp?
If you want to upskill your knowledge in the area of the Data Science track, then Datacamp is the better option, as it offers courses relevant to that field. On the other hand, Coursera provides you with a wide range of courses for diverse skills track.
In general, both platforms are best with their unique features; it depends on your academic goals as to which one to opt for.
What duration is required to complete a career track offered by Datacamp?
Different time durations are allotted for different career tracks. For example, Data Scientist with Python or R takes around 90 to 100 hours to complete, whereas Data Analyst with Python or R takes around 60 hours to complete.
- How Online Learning Affects Students - October 15, 2023
- 82 Khan Academy Statistics for 2023 (Data & Facts) - October 12, 2023
- The Great Courses Coupon 2023: Exclusive 70% Discount - September 25, 2023