Coursera is a huge eLearning platform that provides various courses in about every field. It is one of the leading online platforms that has accredited courses from various leading universities and institutes.
But despite having great resources on Coursera, there are many other alternatives to Coursera that may fit you best for your needs.
Are you wondering what are the Coursera alternatives that are provide excellent features to learn?
Well, this article has the answer. In this article, I will be mentioning the top 7 Coursera alternatives based on their features, pros, cons, price, and quality of content.
So without wasting time, let’s dive into it.
7+ Best Coursera Alternatives (2022)
Here is the list of the top 7 Coursera alternatives in a quick nutshell.
|Sr. No||Alternative Platform||Best Feature|
|1.||Pluralsight||Best technology features|
|2.||Udemy||Interactive sessions and quizzes|
|4.||edX||Best university courses|
|6.||LinkedIn Learning||Hight quality content for professional skills|
|7.||Fiverr Learn||Best for freelancers to learn skills|
Pluralsight is our top pick, which provides expert-approved courses and interactive content. Pluralsight courses provide an effective path to building a career and learning various skills.
Pluralsight has various courses on technology topics that are instructed by industry experts. It offers in-depth knowledge in various programming courses like software development, IT Ops, cloud computing, machine learning, AI software, etc.
Moreover, You can take skill and role IQ tests upfront on Pluralsight. These will evaluate your skill level and propose courses that are appropriate for your present level and will help you improve and learn.
Pluralsight Skills impart learners with one-of-a-kind, hands-on learning experiences that allow them to improve their knowledge and practice utilizing it before applying it in a professional situation.
|Price||Basic price: $399Professional course: $579Enterprise subscription: $779|
|Best For||Programming and technology courses|
- Excellent courses on data and digital transformation training.
- Self-paced courses.
- For ease of course selection, courses are divided into three difficulty levels (basic, moderate, and advanced).
- Subscriptions provide unlimited access to courses.
- Additional instructional resources, such as Labs and Pathways
- Dedicated exclusively to technological subjects
- You can receive a completion certificate, but it is not accredited.
- There is no return or money-back guarantee.
Udemy is a prominent Coursera competitor and a great Coursera alternative. There is a course for almost anything, from Marketing and business to Arts and personal growth.
There is so much information accessible that your biggest challenge may be sorting through it all to locate the appropriate online course. You can help the process by using the classification and filtering options.
Courses vary in length and cost, so you will find value in courses even if you have a limited budget.
When you complete a course, you will be awarded a certification. Furthermore, after you sign up, you will receive a personalized list of recommended courses based on your specific data.
Udemy courses are developed with a restricted emphasis in mind, with each course covering a single skill. This allows you to identify particular abilities through Udemy.
|Price||Varies according to the course|
|Best For||Software development courses|
- Courses are available in practically every subject area and specialty.
- A large selection of high-quality business courses.
- High-quality trailers are offered to assist you in determining whether a specific course is appropriate for your needs.
- There are audiovisual lectures available, which frequently include readings and quizzes.
- Some courses must be enrolled separately and are not included in a monthly membership.
- There are very few choices for assistance.
- Limited trial period
- Udemy is not an accredited institution
Udacity aims to assist individuals enhance their careers by offering courses in management, technologies, and other fields taught by industry leaders.
Udacity offers courses in data science, artificial intelligence, web development, programming, cyber security, business management, cloud computing, and many more.
It also provides an impressive array of instructors from Facebook, Google, Amazon, YouTube, Salesforce, and many other big players. All of their instructors have more than 5 years of professional expertise.
This platform is intended to give learning in the style of a Bootcamp. They provide a variety of courses for people wishing to learn a new skill or enhance existing knowledge.
By the end of each course, you will have all the skills you need for the profession you have selected. Many former students report that the courses were beneficial and assisted them in changing occupations.
|Price||Varied for different courses|
|Best For||Technology courses|
- Nanodegrees offers job-focused education as well as incredible assistance from a one-on-one mentor and career coach.
- Resume assistance and portfolio evaluation are available.
- Learners gain personalized project feedback.
- Practical approach to teaching.
- Best content quality.
- Little expensive
- Certificates are not accredited by any university.
edX is committed to assisting people in furthering their professions. It includes a plethora of topics, including university courses and industry education.
Ivy League universities such as MIT and Harvard offer courses on edX. You will only have access to the course for a short period.
Course topics on edX range from business and computer science to literature. So there is something for everyone. They also provide “micro” degree programs at the bachelor’s and master’s levels to help people progress their careers and promote their professional growth.
Moreover, there are a variety of language courses available, including ones that specifically prepare you for exams like the IELTS and TOEFL.
|Price||Different for different courses|
|Best For||Computer science and Management courses|
- Accredited Institution
- Classes from prestigious universities are available.
- A strong STEM emphasis
- Employs a strong learning management system
- edX offers financial help of up to 90% off.
- There is no moderate content.
- Support choices are limited.
- Degrees are expensive.
There are over 28,000 programs on Skillshare covering lifestyle, technology, business, and more, so there is plenty of variety to learn and get mastery over your field.
There is a large student community of millions of learners on the online learning platform where you may ask questions and offer advice.
One of its distinguishing aspects is a “learn by doing” strategy, which means that each class has a project for students to accomplish. You get a hands-on approach to learning and interesting videos that covers overall knowledge of the subject.
You can also have a look at a recent class project before enrolling in any course. Teachers on Skillshare are professionals, inventors, and entrepreneurs who are enthusiastic about sharing their skills and knowledge.
|Price||$167.88 per year and $13.99 per month|
|Best For||Practical-based learning|
- Skillshare has an extensive video lesson collection that covers nearly every creative industry.
- A diverse choice of creative course subjects is available.
- Skilled instructors.
- Plans for teams of more than twenty persons.
- Subscriptions get a seven-day free trial.
- No certificates are offered.
- Limited support.
- You may lack proper feedback.
6. LinkedIn Learning
LinkedIn Learning is a good Coursera alternative, especially if you enjoy how it connects with your LinkedIn profile.
It is perfect if you want to build your professional abilities in the sectors of Business, Creative, and/or Technology. LinkedIn Learning is supported by industry giants such as Lego, Zillow, Kellogg’s, MGM Resorts, Zillow, and others.
Courses are provided via video lessons, and many contain project files so you can put what you’re learning into practice. You can watch courses on any device, including offline, and you’ll receive a certificate upon completion.
If you own a business, you can utilize LinkedIn Learning for employee training in addition to enhancing your personal abilities.
Furthermore, LinkedIn Learning is available for a free one-month trial.
- High-quality courses to help you improve your professional abilities for the workplace.
- A significant emphasis on business, creativity, and technology.
- One-month free trial.
- If you pay annually, you will save roughly one-third on the monthly charge.
- High-quality content previews.
- You may lack sufficient support options.
- Limited access to content offerings.
7. Fiverr Learn
Fiverr Learn approaches online learning in a unique way. Unlike most platforms, Fiverr Learn sells individual courses rather than monthly service packages.
You can subscribe to the course in advance and get lifelong access to any course that you purchase. You only spend much of what you wish to master this way.
One of the platform’s key advantages is that courses are created by vetted industry professionals. That means you get up-to-date information from experts in the field.
Fiverr Learn focuses on the entrepreneurship skills required to launch a small business. You can learn about internet marketing, website building, graphic design, photography, and writing.
The classes are designed to take students from beginning to advanced level. Some of the courses may be technical, but they all focus on practical skills that you are likely to use regularly.
This speeds up your learning and allows you to achieve proficiency more rapidly.
|Price||Varied according to courses|
- Practical teaching approach that helps freelancers achieve profit.
- Short and interactive video lessons.
- No subscription fees.
- Feedback on your progress from experts.
- Limited courses.
- Courses are majorly focused on beginners.
- You get a badge instead of a certificate.
Final Verdict: Best Coursera Alternatives (2022)
You now have the tools and information to make the best choice for you, having learned the benefits, cons, pricing, and focus of each online education program.
There are a number of excellent Coursera alternatives. The one you select will ultimately be determined by your hobbies, goals, hobbies, preferred learning style, budget, and personal choice.
If you are still in doubt, then here are my suggestion that may fit best as Coursera alternatives;
Let us know in the comment section which Coursera alternative you are opting for.
- Flowkey Review 2022: Is It The Best Piano Learning App? - September 30, 2022
- Mindvalley Discount & Coupon Code 2022 (60% OFF Promo) - September 30, 2022
- Teachable Discount 2022 — 25% Off On All Plans - September 29, 2022