Coursera is a popular eLearning platform that provides various courses in about every field. It is one of the leading online platforms that has accredited courses from various leading universities and institutes.
But despite having great resources on Coursera, there are many other alternatives to Coursera that may fit you best for your needs.
Are you wondering what are the Coursera alternatives are that provide excellent features to learn?
Well, this article has the answer. In this article, I will be mentioning the top 9 Coursera alternatives based on their features, pros, cons, price, and quality of content.
So without wasting time, let’s dive into it.
Top 9 Coursera Alternatives & Competitors of 2024 (Handpicked)
Here is the list of the top 9 Coursera alternatives in a quick nutshell.
|Better Course Choices
|Interactive sessions and quizzes
|Best university courses
|High-quality content for professional skills
|Best for freelancers to learn skills
Here is a quick overview of the 9 best Coursera Alternatives that you can consider.
Pluralsight is our top pick, which provides expert-approved courses and interactive content. Pluralsight courses provide an effective path to building a career and learning various skills. Here’s the detailed Pluralsight review which you can checkout.
Pluralsight has various courses on technology topics that are instructed by industry experts. It offers in-depth knowledge in various programming courses like software development, IT Ops, cloud computing, machine learning, AI software, etc.
Moreover, You can take skill and role IQ tests upfront on Pluralsight. These will evaluate your skill level and propose courses that are appropriate for your present level and will help you improve and learn.
Pluralsight Skills impart learners with one-of-a-kind, hands-on learning experiences that allow them to improve their knowledge and practice utilizing it before applying it in a professional situation.
|Basic price: $399
Professional course: $579
Enterprise subscription: $779
|Programming and technology courses
- Excellent courses on data and digital transformation training.
- Self-paced courses.
- For ease of course selection, courses are divided into three difficulty levels (basic, moderate, and advanced).
- Subscriptions provide unlimited access to courses.
- Additional instructional resources, such as Labs and Pathways
- Dedicated exclusively to technological subjects
- You can receive a completion certificate, but it is not accredited.
- There is no return or money-back guarantee.
Udemy is a prominent Coursera competitor and a great Coursera alternative. There is a course for almost anything, from Marketing and business to Arts and personal growth.
There is so much information accessible that your biggest challenge may be sorting through it all to locate the appropriate online course. You can help the process by using the classification and filtering options.
Courses vary in length and cost, so you will find value in courses even if you have a limited budget.
When you complete a course, you will be awarded a certification. Furthermore, after you sign up, you will receive a personalized list of recommended courses based on your specific data.
Udemy courses are developed with a restricted emphasis in mind, with each course covering a single skill. This allows you to identify particular abilities through Udemy.
|Varies according to the course
|Software development courses
- Courses are available in practically every subject area and speciality.
- A large selection of high-quality business courses.
- High-quality trailers are offered to assist you in determining whether a specific course is appropriate for your needs.
- There are audiovisual lectures available, which frequently include readings and quizzes.
- Some courses must be enrolled separately and are not included in a monthly membership.
- There are very few choices for assistance.
- Limited trial period
- Udemy is not an accredited institution
MasterClass is a great alternative to Coursera as it provides more than 150 courses in 11 different categories. You can a detailed review of MasterClass here.
These courses are taught by globally acclaimed experts in their fields of expertise. MasterClass is not only popular with exceptional experts but it is also well-known for its cinematic production and the way it uses storytelling.
In addition to its 150 sessions, it also provides project-led sessions which you take with a community of other students on MasterClass.
With MasterClass, you get a chance to learn from the best. And hence I think MasterClass can be a good option and alternative to Coursera if you are willing to learn from idol experts.
|Individual Plan: $15
Duo Plan: $20
Family Plan: $23
- Get trained by renowned industry experts.
- Learn from the wide range of library classes.
- Affordable price with access to multiple users.
- Be a part of the MasterClass community.
- 30-day refund policy.
- No free classes or free trials.
- No certificate of completion.
Udacity aims to assist individuals to enhance their careers by offering courses in management, technologies, and other fields taught by industry leaders. Check my in-depth Udacity review here.
Udacity offers courses in data science, artificial intelligence, programming, web development, cyber security, business management, cloud computing, and many more.
It also provides an impressive array of instructors from Facebook, Google, Amazon, YouTube, Salesforce, and many other big players. All of their instructors have more than 5 years of professional expertise.
This platform is intended to give learning in the style of a Bootcamp. They provide a variety of courses for people wishing to learn a new skill or enhance existing knowledge.
By the end of each course, you will have all the skills you need for the profession you have selected. Many former students report that the courses were beneficial and assisted them in changing occupations. To save more on Udacity check out these Udacity coupon codes here.
|Varied for different courses
- Nanodegrees offers job-focused education as well as incredible assistance from a one-on-one mentor and career coach.
- Resume assistance and portfolio evaluation are available.
- Learners gain personalized project feedback.
- A practical approach to teaching.
- Best content quality.
- Little expensive
- Certificates are not accredited by any university.
edX is committed to assisting people in furthering their professions. It includes a plethora of topics, including university courses and industry education.
Ivy League universities such as MIT and Harvard offer courses on edX. You will only have access to the course for a short period.
Course topics on edX range from business and computer science to literature. So there is something for everyone. They also provide “micro” degree programs at the bachelor’s and master’s levels to help people progress in their careers and promote their professional growth.
Moreover, there are a variety of language courses available, including ones that specifically prepare you for exams like the IELTS and TOEFL.
|Different for different courses
|Computer science and Management courses
- Accredited Institution
- Classes from prestigious universities are available.
- A strong STEM emphasis
- Employs a strong learning management system
- edX offers financial help of up to 90% off.
- There is no moderate content.
- Support choices are limited.
- Degrees are expensive.
There are over 28,000 programs on Skillshare covering lifestyle, technology, business, and more, so there is plenty of variety to learn and get mastery in your field. For more in-depth information check my detailed Skillshare review here.
There is a large student community of millions of learners on the online learning platform where you may ask questions and offer advice.
One of its distinguishing aspects is a “learn by doing” strategy, which means that each class has a project for students to accomplish. You get a hands-on learning approach and interesting videos covering overall knowledge of the subject.
You can also have a look at a recent class project before enrolling in any course. Teachers on Skillshare are professionals, inventors, and entrepreneurs who are enthusiastic about sharing their skills and knowledge.
|$167.88 per year and $13.99 per month
- Skillshare has an extensive video lesson collection that covers nearly every creative industry.
- A diverse choice of creative course subjects is available.
- Skilled instructors.
- Plans for teams of more than twenty persons.
- Subscriptions get a seven-day free trial.
- No certificates are offered.
- Limited support.
- You may lack proper feedback.
7. LinkedIn Learning
LinkedIn Learning is a good Coursera alternative, especially if you enjoy how it connects with your LinkedIn profile.
It is perfect if you want to build your professional abilities in the sectors of Business, Creative, and/or Technology. LinkedIn Learning is supported by industry giants such as Lego, Zillow, Kellogg’s, MGM Resorts, Zillow, and others. You can check the popular courses available on LinkedIn learning here.
Courses are provided via video lessons, and many contain project files so you can put what you’re learning into practice. You can watch courses on any device, including offline, and you’ll receive a certificate upon completion.
If you own a business, you can utilize LinkedIn Learning for employee training in addition to enhancing your personal abilities.
Furthermore, LinkedIn Learning is available for a free one-month trial.
- High-quality courses to help you improve your professional abilities for the workplace.
- A significant emphasis on business, creativity, and technology.
- One-month free trial.
- If you pay annually, you will save roughly one-third on the monthly charge.
- High-quality content previews.
- You may lack sufficient support options.
- Limited access to content offerings.
Codecademy is another great alternative to Coursera, which offers courses for coding languages. If you are looking for a programming language-oriented online learning platform, then Codecademy is the obvious choice. For more in-depth information on Codecademy check my Codecademy review here.
Codecademy offers courses for 14 different programming languages, and the courses target to teach you the complete range of abilities of these coding languages. It also has a few crash courses in cybersecurity which you can take to learn everything about it.
You can also get started with their free plan and get access to all of its free courses and do limited practice with whatever you’ve learned from the courses in the Codecademy mobile app. They also have career paths in the premium plans, which ensures you make a career in programming.
|Pro Lite – $29.99/month,
Pro – $39.99/month
|Different Programming language courses
- The free plan gives you community support along with access to free courses
- Free learning resources such as cheat sheets, PDFs, videos, and docs in all the plans
- Skills paths to help you learn a real-world skill which you can use to grow in your career
- Courses for 14 different programming languages
- Take part in real-world projects and build your portfolio
- Completion certificates are not accredited
- Only programming courses available
9. Fiverr Learn
Fiverr Learn approaches online learning in a unique way. Unlike most platforms, Fiverr Learn sells individual courses rather than monthly service packages.
You can subscribe to the course in advance and get lifelong access to any course that you purchase. You only spend much of what you wish to master this way.
One of the platform’s key advantages is that courses are created by vetted industry professionals. That means you get up-to-date information from experts in the field.
Fiverr Learn focuses on the entrepreneurship skills required to launch a small business. You can learn about internet marketing, website building, graphic design, photography, and writing.
The classes are designed to take students from the beginning to advanced levels. Some of the courses may be technical, but they all focus on practical skills that you are likely to use regularly.
This speeds up your learning and allows you to achieve proficiency more rapidly.
|Varied according to courses
- A practical teaching approach that helps freelancers achieve profit.
- Short and interactive video lessons.
- No subscription fees.
- Feedback on your progress from experts.
- Limited courses.
- Courses are majorly focused on beginners.
- You get a badge instead of a certificate.
Which Coursera Alternative To Choose?
You now have the tools and information to make the best choice for you, having learned the benefits, cons, pricing, and focus of each online education program.
There are a number of excellent Coursera alternatives. The one you select will ultimately be determined by your hobbies, goals, hobbies, preferred learning style, budget, and personal choice.
If you are still in doubt, then here are my suggestion that may fit best as Coursera alternatives;
Let us know in the comment section which Coursera alternative you are opting for.
- 13 Best Free Harvard Online Courses (2024) - February 22, 2024
- 11 Best Speed Reading Courses for 2024 (Free & Paid) - February 22, 2024
- 15 Disadvantages of Online Learning (2024 Edition) - February 21, 2024