Digital marketing is one of the booming fields, so the demand for digital marketing jobs is increasing rapidly.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labour Statistics, overall employment in digital marketing is projected to grow up to 10% from 2021 to 2031.
If you are a newbie in the field of digital marketing, here are the top 9 Entry-Level Digital marketing jobs that you can check out.
Along with the jobs, I have also provided a few tips that you can go through before applying for the jobs.
Top 9 Entry-Level Digital Marketing Jobs: In A Nutshell (2023)
|Sr.No.||Digital Marketing Jobs||Average Salary|
|1||Content Writer||$76,194 per year|
|2||SEO Specialist||$57,819 per year|
|3||Digital Marketing Assistant||$43,422 per year|
|4||Email Marketing Specialist||$58,069 per year|
|5||Graphic Designer||$102,366 per year|
|6||Copywriter||$64,855 per year|
|7||Social Media Specialist||$45,940 per year|
|8||Affiliate Marketing||$73,123 per year|
|9||Account Coordinator||$43,466 per year|
Following are the top 9 Entry-level Digital Marketing jobs that you can check out.
1. Content Writer
All logophiles can opt for the job of Content writing as it is one of the best options to start their career in the field of Digital marketing.
Content writers are responsible for writing creative and engaging pieces of content to deliver an engaging experience to the company’s target audience.
You can work as a full-time content writer for a particular company or organization, or you can opt for freelance writing, where you can work independently for several clients.
|Average Salary||$76,194 Per Year|
- A college degree in Journalism, Communications, or English
- Basic knowledge of content management systems
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Should be familiar with web publications
2. SEO Specialist
SEO specialists are the experts who are responsible for conducting keyword research and determining relevance, competitiveness, and popularity so as to create the best possible content.
They identify strategies, tactics, and techniques to increase website traffic, check the website’s performance, and make sure the website ranks higher in the search results.
If you are willing to enter into the field of digital marketing, then considering a job as an SEO specialist is a good one to go for.
|Average Salary||$57,819 per year|
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing or other relevant field.
- Complete understanding of SEO basics, such as Keyword research, link-building, and on-page optimization.
- The applicant should have a functional understanding of CSS and HTML.
- Good understanding of Google’s Keyword Tools
3. Digital Marketing Assistant
If you are thinking of a long-term career option, then opting for the job as a Digital Marketing assistant can be a great option.
The main tasks performed by Digital Marketing Assistants include conducting market research, performing administrative duties, and creating content for the web pages and social media of the company.
A diverse range of tasks is performed by the Digital Marketing Assistants that provide support to the overall goals of marketing departments and sales of the company.
|Average Salary||$43,422 Per Year|
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or other related field.
- Good understanding of Google Adwords, online analytics, and CRM tools
- Advanced knowledge of marketing principles, databases, and techniques.
- Proficiency in Marketing software and Microsoft Office
4. Email Marketing Specialist
If you have a strong understanding of digital media and efficient writing ability, then email marketing is one of the viable career options.
Email Marketing specialists work on email campaigns that involve composing emails, maintaining email contact lists, and optimizing email sign-ups.
Basic coding, Automation of emails, and the creation of graphics are a few technical tasks performed by email marketing specialists.
|Average Salary||$58,069 per year|
- Degree in marketing management, communications, advertising, or other relevant fields.
- Excellent copyediting and copywriting skills.
- Project management skills specific to the marketing field
- Basic understanding of marketing messages
5. Graphic Designer
If you are looking for a job opportunity to apply your creative skills in the area of Digital Marketing, then Graphic designing is the best option for you.
Graphic designers design websites, visual aids, and advertising campaigns for social media via different designing software.
It is the best option for all creative thinkers and is one of the most in-demand career opportunities, as all industries have specific design needs.
|Average Salary||$102,366 per year|
- A bachelor’s degree in Graphic design or related fields of fine arts
- Technical training in Graphic designing
- Should have a clear understanding of technologies and designing software.
All artistic and creative minds can opt for the job of a copywriter, which has turned out to be a multifaceted job, as companies want their brand to be communicated through each possible channel.
Copywriters are professionals that write clear, concise, and engaging pieces of content with the purpose of converting leads into sales.
They collaborate with graphic and web designers to share a common mindset and create beautiful and engaging content.
|Average Salary||$64,855 per year|
- Baccalaureate degree in Journalism, communications, English, and another relevant field.
- Experiences with Content management systems
- Good research and writing skills
- Basic SEO skills
7. Social Media Specialist
All social media enthusiasts who enjoy sharing and developing a growing community can opt for the career path of a Social Media Specialist.
Social Media Specialists are trained specialists that create posts and publish content on different social media platforms to enhance brand awareness and create leads and increase sales.
They monitor social media to keep track of the latest trends, create and manage content and implement different social media strategies.
|Average Salary||$45,940 per year|
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or other similar fields.
- Exceptional knowledge of different social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- Basic understanding of web traffic metrics and SEO
- Proficiency in publishing and web editing
8. Affiliate Marketing
As per the reports by the Performance Marketing Association, the industry of affiliate marketing has grown by 47% from 2018 to 2021.
Affiliate Marketing is one of the growing fields in the digital marketing sector. Even though the process might seem lengthy but once you turn into an expert in the field, you can earn a good sum.
Affiliate marketers are the professionals that market the products or services of a company or an organization and earn commissions on it.
|Average Salary||$73,123 per year|
- A baccalaureate degree in marketing, advertising, or other related disciplines
- Research and select the affiliate programs
- Build and develop networks with businesses and brands
- Impart Data analysis and strategic thinking skills
9. Account Coordinator
An account coordinator or account supervisor is a professional who handles and manages the accounts to engage with prospective potential clients.
They determine the needs of the prospective clients and match them with the required products and services to optimize customer satisfaction.
As an account coordinator, you will also address the complaints and needs, review the correspondence, and manage the budget, for the customers.
|Average Salary||$43,466 per year|
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant area
- Exceptional presentation, verbal, and written communication skills
- A clear understanding of MS Office and computer skills
- Basic understanding of Spreadsheet software and Word Processors.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
Tips Before Applying For Digital Marketing Jobs
Before you choose to opt for entry-level jobs, here are a few tips that you can check out.
- Select the field of Digital marketing that interests you.
Digital marketing comprises a plethora of fields, such as search engine optimization, social media marketing, content marketing, etc.
You can explore them all and choose one that interests you. Get a complete understanding of that field, and apply for the potential jobs.
- Build soft skills
Before applying for the jobs, make sure you inculcate essential soft skills such as time management, project management, creativity, critical thinking, interpersonal communication, decision-making, innovation, and many more.
- Create your digital marketing portfolio.
Once you get a clear understanding of the basics of digital marketing, you can put your skills to the test by taking different certification courses and marketing projects that potential employers highly recognize and make you stand different from other candidates.
- Develop Networks
In order to access job opportunities easily, make sure you develop a strong network both online and in-person. You can attend meet-ups and conferences and get the opportunity to connect with digital marketing specialists to get your foot in the door of the tech industry.
- Customize your resume
A resume is the most important when it comes to applying for a job as it demonstrates your skills, academics, and other achievements, projects, awards, and recognitions. Make sure you customize your resume in such a way as to stand out differently from other applicants.
- Best 2 Year Degree Jobs That Are In Demand
- Best Highest Paying Medical Jobs
- Best Online Jobs For College Students
- Part Time Jobs For College Students
Key Takeaways: Best Entry-Level Digital Marketing Jobs (2023)
Digital Marketing is one of the most lucrative careers, and entry-level jobs are in great demand due to their remote-friendly, high-paying, and great growth potential.
Global digital marketing revenue is projected to grow to reach around $786.2 billion in 2026.
According to the analysis of Googe, trends search data, Digital marketing skills are the top trending skills and provide tremendous career opportunities in a diverse range of fields.
As digital marketing jobs are in high demand, make sure you have a strong job portfolio by taking different digital marketing courses and gathering certifications.
That’s a wrap for the article, go through all the jobs and opt for the best one as per your interest and preference!
Is Digital marketing a good career path to opt for?
Digital Marketing is definitely a good career path as it provides great growth potential and offers the highest average pay.
Where can you apply for entry-level digital marketing jobs?
There are several websites, such as Glassdoor, LinkedIn, and Upwork (for freelancing), where you can find different entry-level digital marketing jobs. You can search and filter them as per your preference and apply for the best ones.
Which is the highest-paid field in Digital marketing?
Content strategists, SEO specialists, Brand marketing experts, Graphic designers, and social media marketers are a few highest-paid jobs in the field of Digital Marketing.
- Coursera Plus Discount 2023 — $309 OFF (September) - September 20, 2023
- Google Cybersecurity Certificate Review 2023: Is It Worth It? - September 19, 2023
- Teachable Black Friday 2023 (Not Live Yet) - September 18, 2023