Looking to improve your content writing skills? With so many courses out there promising to make you a better writer, how do you know which ones are worth your time and money?
As someone who makes a living from writing, I’ve tried my fair share of classes and want to share the online content writing courses that have proven most useful for developing my abilities as a writer.
Whether you’re a total beginner looking for training in content writing fundamentals or a seasoned writer hoping to take your skills to the next level, these courses will help sharpen your tools and leave you feeling more confident and in command of the writing process.
Let’s dive into the classes that have had the biggest impact on improving my own content writing.
Top 11 Best Content Writing Courses In 2023
Here is a quick overview of the best content writing courses that you can refer to if you are in a bit of a hurry.
|Sr. No||Content Writing Courses||Platform||Rating|
|1.||The Strategy of Content Marketing||Coursera||4.8/5|
|2.||Content Strategy for Professionals Specialization||Coursera||4.7/5|
|3.||Ninja Content Writing: Mater the four levels of writing||Udemy||4.6/5|
|4.||Content Marketing Foundation||LinkedIn Learning||4.7/5|
|5.||Content Writing certificatiCon||Hubspot||4.7/5|
|6.||Content Marketing: Build Content that attracts leads||Udemy||4.6/5|
|7.||Writing Tools and hacks: Content writing||Udemy||4.2/5|
|8.||Creative Writing Certification course||Coursera||4.7/5|
|9.||Writing Tools and Hacks: Content writing||LinkedIn Learning||4.5/5|
|10.||Intro to Content Writing: Learn the Basics of Writing to Your Audience||SkillShare||4.4/5|
|11.||Good with Words: Writing and Editing Specialization||Coursera||4.3/5|
Here is a detailed overview of the best content-writing courses that are worth considering in 2023.
1. The Strategy Of Content Marketing – Coursera
This course will teach you the fundamental strategies content marketers use to attract and retain customers profitably.
You will learn how to create, plan, and incorporate a content marketing strategy. Not only do you get to learn how to evaluate and measure the success of content marketing, but also you will learn to write persuasive copy and use a conceptual plan when writing.
You will be able to use the strategies given to write the various types of content and be able to combine all four elements with writing one effective content piece.
Additionally, it covers how to use content marketing to develop your own personal brand and put the concepts you have been given into practice.
You will be exposed to the public of metrics for content marketers and learn which performance measures you should pay particular attention to by identifying and analyzing them.
The final lessons will concentrate on platforms for your content and emerging media opportunities. You will be able to talk about how to structure and script multimedia content to achieve better audio and video quality. You will also be able to recognize different forms of multimedia content.
|Level||Basic to Intermediate|
- Get introduced to the content marketing ecosystem.
- Learn and apply the 7A framework to your own content.
- Craft your own content marketing strategy.
- Establish ethical and professional guidelines for content marketing.
- Understand the different types of multimedia content.
2. Content Strategy For Professionals Specialization – Coursera
In this Specialization, renowned academic and industry experts will teach you the best practices for developing and deploying compelling content across media platforms that the target audience will find truly valuable.
By incorporating their stories and employing tried-and-true tools and techniques to heighten an audience’s expertise and preferences, you’ll learn how to engage your audience.
You will learn the most effective ways to use a human-centred layout to tell an organization’s “content story” across media channels. You can manage content after it has been created.
Additionally, you get to discover viable strategies for increasing your content’s reach and external and internal audience members.
The Capstone project for the Specialization allows you to put the skills you have acquired throughout the courses to use in response to an actual problem that organizations are currently facing.
|Instructor||John Lavine, Candy Lee, Randy Hlavac|
- Create strategic storytelling for audience engagement
- Learn content management and strategy planning.
- Interact with digital communities across channels.
- Learn the impact of the content
- Master the communications strategies to make you stand out.
3. Ninja Content Writing: Mater The Four Levels Of Writing – Udemy
This course gives you a complete overview of how to get mastery over quality content writing. It teaches you how to become a masterful writer.
Here you will explore how to make your books, blogs, and business writing sparkle.
Further, you will get covered with how to get into the power of the narrative, sentences, and paragraphs. It will also help you to learn how to make your content stand out from your competitors.
By the end of Ninja Writing, you’ll have plenty of examples and exercises to ingrain these strategies into your subconscious deeply, and you will start to recognize the errors others make.
And when compared to the uninspired writing of your peers and rival businesses, your own writing will stand out like a polished diamond.
By the end of this course, you will have a complete path to becoming a master-level content writer. You will also get provided with the Ninja Writer’s checklist.
|Duration||4 hours 20 mins|
- Explore the little-known writing techniques used by editors of renowned publications and websites.
- Learn how to utilize the narrative’s immense power, as well as that of its paragraphs, sentences, and words.
- Understand how to become a master writer in a matter of days or weeks.
- Discover the tricks to making your books, blogs, and business writing shine.
4. Content Marketing Foundation – LinkedIn Learning
This course talks about well-crafted content marketing strategies that can greatly increase your brand’s visibility, help build credibility, and create an enduring relationship with your audience.
Instructor Brian Honigman explains content marketing concepts and benefits, then explores a step-by-step approach for organizations of all sizes to succeed with this strategic marketing approach.
He also discusses how to select content types, develop an editorial calendar, and plan a content strategy. He then discusses how to choose the best mix of content and collate it for the best effect, as well as how to start writing, modifying, and styling content.
You will start with creating a solid content strategy and defining your audience. Then you will move further to find relent topic ideas and organize topics into categories.
The course provides you with some tips for successful storytelling and selecting the correct type of content. Further, you will learn formatting content for frictionless experience and distribution.
Finally, in the last module, you will learn to integrate content, measure content, and do some innovative experiments with the content.
|Price||1-month free trial|
|Level||Beginner to intermediate|
- Learn how to create a content strategy by setting strategic goals.
- Understand how to find relevant topic ideas and how to organize them into categories.
- Get covered with distributing content and integrating content.
- Learn how to measure your content and experiment with them.
5. Content Writing Certification – Hubspot
Content Writing Certification is a complete guide to how to become an effective content marketer.
Firstly, you will go through the various concepts of content writing and marketing. This lesson covers how to build a framework for creating content within your company.
Then you will get covered with how to create realistic content goals and perform an audit that will help identify content needs to build a helpful, relevant journey for your audience.
The lesson will conclude with an overview of how to collaborate with industry influencers to increase the reach of your content attempts from Andy Crestodina, CMO of Orbit Media.
Next, the course talks about the techniques on how to research and uncover an idea and expand on it, whether you’re doing it yourself or with a team.
Moreover, it provides three significant tricks that HubSpot has used to increase the rank in search and increase the organic traffic using blogs.
In the end section, the course will cover how to create a successful video marketing strategy and how to use video throughout the inbound methodology.
|Instructor||Lindsay Thibeault, Abigael Donahue, AJ Beltis, Guillaume Delloue, Justin Champion, Matthew Howells, Corey Braccialini,|
|Level||Intermediate – Advanced|
- Create quality content and learn a framework for content creation.
- Make content that is appealing to both people and search engines.
- Develop a more effective, leaner, and tactical content marketer.
- Build a complete content creation framework.
- Create a successful video marketing strategy.
6. Content Marketing: Build Content That Attracts Leads- Udemy
This course will teach you how to plan and execute a content marketing strategy that will propel your company forward.
In the beginning, the course provides you with the acknowledgement of classic marketing fundamentals and content marketing essentials.
You will learn how to optimize your website for content marketing and build a well-designed, lead-generating website. The course will also help you to build a system to know your target audience and to generate engaging content ideas.
Next, it discusses why effective writing is essential and how to build headlines, structures, tone, and vocabulary.
You get to learn about the most interactive types of content and see more than a dozen specific content ideas that you can steal and apply to your own strategy.
|Duration||3 hours 45 mins|
- Utilize the power of online content to boost your brand recognition, traffic, and sales.
- Create a new business venture or expand on an existing one.
- Recognize the cognitive purchasing journey and how to motivate people to take action with your content.
- Enhance your website’s content marketing capabilities to encourage profitable user behaviour.
- Learn about some of the most powerful content types.
7. Writing Tools And Hacks: Content Writing – Udemy
Writing tools and hacks courses provide you with some amazing writing tips and hacks to take your content writing and blogging to the next level.
In the first section, you will get covered with the brainstorming killer content ideas. It also provides you with various tools for unique content writing ideas.
Further, the instructor will provide you with the tools for performing keyword research and give you various keyword research hacks. It will provide you with tools for conducting keyword research with data metrics.
Next, the course gives you ideas about the tools for writing persuasive marketing copy, and it also provides you with resources for researching high-performing digital marketing copy.
The course also talks about the various tools for writing attractive headlines, like an expert, and various tools for word processing and collaborating with clients.
You will also get provided with tools for finding the perfect word for anything and also tools for polishing and proofreading your writing.
|Duration||1 hour 20 mins|
- Learn improved and more effective writing.
- Make catchy, go-viral headlines.
- Find out how to write effective marketing copy.
- Learn tricks for creating better writing and content.
- Examine different headlines to determine which is the most powerful.
8. Creative Writing Certification Course – Coursera
This Specialization focuses on the major creative writing genres: the short story, the narrative essay, and the memoir.
You will gain the skills necessary to craft a gripping narrative with recognizable characters in an engaging setting that is written in a novel descriptive style.
The course starts with an introduction to how to write a most elemental plot. It will help you to examine the choices storytellers make to snag imaginations and drag them into a fictional world.
You will improve your ability to not only improve your writing but also critique writing in general and find inspiration in the writing you are already reading through four courses, each of which focuses on a crucial aspect of writing and can be taken in any order you choose.
Finally, it will help you to evaluate peer writing critically and analytically. You will begin, revise, and finish writing a sizable original story in the genre of your choice for the capstone project.
|Instructor||Brando Skyhorse, Amy Bloom, Amity Gaige, Salvatore Scibona|
- Learn how to make an outline and craft it properly.
- Study the choices that writers make to bring all exercises into a variety of writing techniques.
- Get covered with the techniques masters of fiction use to ground a story in a concrete world.
- Learn how to build credibility through research.
- Discuss the steps that professional writers take to bring their work into the public world.
9. Content Marketing: Blogging For Business Online Class – LinkedIn Learning
In this short course, you will get cover content marketing and blogging ideas for business purposes. First, you will get covered with the introduction to blogging and how to develop your idea toward your business goals.
The course will help you understand blog content strategies like selecting and designing your blog, choosing your editor and team, and establishing editorial guidelines.
The instructor will guide you on bringing your blog to life by organizing your content and what to include in your multimedia mix.
And finally, you will get covered with the marketing and promotion of your content. You will develop strategies for promoting by curation and guest blogging. You will also be able to measure the success after publishing your content.
|Price||1 month free trial|
- Learn about social media marketing.
- Get covered with aspects like design and development considerations.
- Select and design your blog and build your blog content strategy.
- Understand how to promote and market your content.
10. Intro to Content Writing: Learn the Basics of Writing to Your Audience
This course on Skillshare focuses on the fundamentals of content writing. With this course, you will learn how to write audience-oriented content and how content writing is different from copywriting.
You will have a complete overview of various types of content that you should know while writing content. This course explains the importance of understanding your audience and provides strategies for creating a persona for your ideal prospect.
With this course, you will be able to describe how you would approach writing a piece of content on a specific prospect.
By the end of this course, you will be able to write engaging content that will definitely provide value to your audience.
|Duration||9 lessons (27 minutes)|
- Know how content writing is different from copywriting.
- Understand the different types of content that you can use.
- Know the importance of understanding your audience.
- Create your own persona for your ideal prospect.
11. Good with Words: Writing and Editing Specialization
The “Good with Words: Writing and Editing Specialization” is a new online course offered by the University of Michigan through Coursera aimed at developing strong writing skills.
Taught by Clinical Assistant Professor Patrick Barry, it covers core writing principles like word choice, sentence structure, organization, drafting, and revising. Barry believes reading good writing is key to writing well yourself.
The specialization takes about two months and involves video lectures, readings, quizzes, peer-reviewed assignments, and a capstone project. It’s designed for anyone wanting to improve their writing abilities for personal or professional purposes.
The course can be audited for free, or a paid certificate option is available. Barry provides many examples and tips drawn from his experience teaching writing workshops at Michigan Law School.
|Price||Audit track – FreeVerified track – $59/month|
|Duration||Two months (10 hours a week)|
- Covers core writing skills like word choice, sentence structure, drafting, etc.
- Taught by an experienced writing instructor
- Emphasizes reading good writing as crucial to improving your own writing
- Learn to use syntax in creative ways
- Can audit for free or pursue a paid certificate option upon completion
- Best Fitness Courses For Beginners
- Best Email Marketing Courses & Certifications
- Best Speed Reading Courses
- Best MasterClass Courses
Final Thoughts: Best Content Writing Courses (2023)
So, finally, we are here with the best content writing courses that are available online and provide you with a complete guide to make you a professional content writer.
Choose the most suitable course from the above and be ready to write a fantastic article as you grow.
Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
- Mindvalley Discount Coupon 2023 | Get Upto 58% OFF - December 1, 2023
- Udacity vs Coursera — Which One Is Right For You? (2023) - November 30, 2023
- Mindvalley Review 2023: Is It Worth It (Truth) - November 28, 2023