Wondering what are the part time jobs for college students can help them to earn money while studying?
Well, Learning and earning at the same time is possible, Don’t believe it? Then you must go through this article.
Yes, part-time jobs for college students have made it possible to earn great pay along with your learnings.
More than half of the students studying in colleges opt for part-time jobs to pay for their education, Spend on their outings, relieve financial stress, and start their savings.
Here in this article, I have compiled a list of some top 14 part-time jobs that will not only help you earn a good sum but will also upgrade your knowledge and skills.
Top 14+ Part time jobs for college students In 2023
If you are in a bit hurry, then here is the overview of the top 14 part time jobs for college students that you must go through
|Sr.No||Top 14 part time jobs for college students||Average Pay|
|1||Freelance Writer||$22 to $24 per hour up to $49 per article|
|2||Barista||$12 per hour, additional tips|
|3||Cashier||$10 per hour|
|4||Fitness trainer||$18 per hour|
|5||IT support specialist||$20 per hour|
|6||Nursing Assistant||$14.50 per hour|
|7||Social media assistant||$43,500 per year|
|8||Babysitter||$12 per hour|
|9||Restaurant server||$10 per hour and Tips|
|10||Tutor||$20 per hour|
|11||Brand Promoter||$3,500 per month|
|12||Tour Guide||$15 per hour|
|13||Dog walker||$12 per hour|
|14||Bartending||$11-$20 per hour|
part time jobs for college students
Here is a detailed overview of some of the part-time jobs that you can consider while studying in college.
1. Freelance Writer
If you are passionate about writing, then Freelance writing is one of the most popular and best-paying part-time jobs for students.
Freelance writing provides a chance to work on different projects and gain more knowledge from it
- It includes writing content for various websites and publications.
- It also includes proofreading the assignments.
- Editing articles, blogs, and project summaries.
- Should have a good command of written language.
- Great networking and communication skills.
- Should have strong research skills.
Job as a Barista will provide a chance to expertise in the world’s favourite fuel.
Baristas are the heart and soul of any coffee shop.
Job as a Barista is a more artistic, creative, and exciting way to earn.
- Welcoming and greeting customers.
- Providing them with information regarding the drinks menu.
- Providing recommendations based on their choices.
- Customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Technical skills and knowledge of how brewing equipment works.
Cashiers play a major role in retail-based establishments. Working as a part-time cashier will brush up a wide range of skills.
There are many stores and financial institutions that are hiring cashiers, so you can apply for the job by directly visiting or by applying online.
If you love interacting with people, then a part-time job as a cashier is a good one.
- Manage all the transactions with the customers, resolve their complaints and guide them.
- Able to handle and balance the cash register.
- Scan goods and ensure prices are accurate and collection of payments.
- Good communication and management skills.
- Basic computer knowledge and good maths skills.
- POS system operation and price scanner efficiency.
4. Fitness Trainer
All fitness fanatics can earn good pay by helping others by providing proper training and motivation in the gym with their custom workout routines.
As people are getting more aware and conscious about their fitness and health, this particular sector has also gained a huge demand.
You can also gain an opportunity to become a certified fitness trainer.
- Determine clients’ health and fitness levels and develop a proper exercise plan for them depending on their needs, potential injuries, and health issues.
- Develop a proper diet plan for clients and handle their nutrition and health-related questions.
- Carry out CPR and first aid if needed.
- Ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Knowledge of diverse exercises.
- Proven experience in CPR and first aid.
5. IT Support Specialist
An IT support specialist is hired by the companies to look after their company’s computer hardware and software system.
In today’s world IT industry is in demand as technology has advanced, so starting your part-time job as an IT support specialist is good to go.
If computers are your cup of tea, then a job as an IT support specialist will be a boon.
- Provide training to the end users about hardware functions and software programs.
- Updating computer software and upgrading hardware and systems.
- Keep track of advancements in the technologies.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or similar.
- Should have in-depth knowledge of technical skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Database maintenance and system security.
6. Nursing Assistant
If you’re planning to take up a job in the healthcare sector after graduation then working in a hospital or other healthcare center before graduation will give your career a successful turn.
Working as a nursing assistant will give you an enriching work experience.
- Maintain patient hygiene and change bedding.
- Help patients use the bathroom, bathe, brush their teeth, and dress.
- Serve meals to patients and help them to eat.
- Keep records of clinical measurements like blood pressure, body temperature, and pulse rate.
- Good communication skills.
- Empathy and compassion.
- Should possess medical knowledge.
7. Social Media Assistant
All social media freaks can grab this opportunity to work as social media assistants to connect with interesting leads and earn good pay.
Make attractive and captivating content and enhance sales. All creative heads come in and opt for the post of social media assistant.
- Create social media posts and content that will grab the attention of the target audience.
- Carry out brainstorming campaigns and manage all promotions and advertisements.
- Direct all the social media accounts like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Bachelor’s degrees or certified courses in digital marketing
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Understanding of social media KPI and metrics
- Knowledge of web designing and publishing.
If you’re fond of kids, don’t miss the chance to work with them. Here you will get an opportunity to work in a daycare centre.
Get a chance to relive your childhood again with kids and start your job as a part-time babysitter.
- Provide care to the children, and prepare healthy meals and snacks.
- Engage kids in fun activities, tutor them, and help them with their homework.
- Taking care of infants and helping them with feeding, diapering, and dressing.
- Caring and compassionate
- Should be reliable
9. Restaurant Server
Part-time jobs as restaurant servers are popular among the college crowd. You can work as a front-of-house restaurant employee.
A part-time job as a restaurant server provides flexible shifts and also a chance to meet interesting people and hone your communication and customer service skills.
- Welcoming and attending to customers.
- Presenting menus to the customers and helping them select food/beverages.
- Deal with problems and complaints of the customers.
- Issue bills to the customers to collect payments.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
If you have mastery over any subject, then there are great opportunities to earn by tutoring students in grade school, high school, and even your college classmates.
Along with tutoring others, you can also strengthen your knowledge and understanding of that subject.
- Help students to improve their skills in certain subjects.
- Prepare lessons and assign work to students, Conduct tests.
- Keep track of students’ progress.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Good knowledge of the subject.
- Problem-solving skills and Time management.
11. Brand Promoter
All marketing enthusiasts can grab the opportunity to promote a variety of brands and earn a good sum. Brand promotion is an exciting job to do to build a loyal and strong customer base.
An average brand promoter earns up to $3,500 per month, so it is a great opportunity to start with.
You can opt for this job if you are passionate about brands and want to reach out to a large audience.
- Demonstrate and provide information regarding different brands
- Create a positive image of the brand
- Increase sales by Distributing brochures, flyers, etc.
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Social, Sales, and marketing skills
- Customer service
12. Tour Guide
If you love to guide and help tourists, then this is a great opportunity to catch up. You may become a professional tour GUI problem-solving tourist to see the interesting places near you.
You may build up a strong network with travel agents and various people coming from a wide range of countries. This is the most exciting job you can do as a part-time job which will help you to earn money as well as enjoy while developing your skill.
- Explaining to customers the plan of each tour.
- Providing information related to lodging, food, and other amenities.
- Providing information about points of interest around the city and answering their questions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the place.
13. Dog Walker
All animal lovers, here is a great opportunity for you to take up dog walking as a side hustle.
Walking a dog is best at relieving stress rather than strolling alone.
Start your dog walker job and earn money part-time with a flexible schedule.
- Picking up dogs from a client’s house.
- Making sure that the dog walks the designated routes.
- Ensuring that dogs are wearing collars with name tags.
- Interpersonal skill
- Must have training in dog walking and handling
- Skill on how to communicate with the dog
Well, this one is my personal favourite. If you are interested in some exciting and adventurous job then Bartending can be a great option.
this type of job also suits your college timings and also it pays a decent hourly wage. You will work directly with the customers and prepare and serve attractive beverages, and food to the customers.
- Prepare and develop new cocktail recipes.
- welcoming customers, and serving beverage preferences.
- Selecting and mixing ingredients, and garnishing the glasses.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Skills to experiment with new blends ad drinks.
- Management skills.
- Ability to engage customers.
Benefits Of Working While In College:
The following are the benefits of working while in college:
- Helps students pay personal expenses.
- Supplement financial aid.
- Helps in gaining valuable expenses.
- To learn new skills.
- Develop interpersonal skills.
Challenges Faced By College Students While Working:
There might be challenges that students may face while working. Following are some of them.
- Time management.
- Financial management.
- Maintaining a balance between work and personal life.
- Fitting in the new work culture.
- Difficulty in focusing on academics.
How To Get Started?
Following are the tips to get started:
- Build a strong resume and solicit feedback.
- Prepare well for interviews.
- Try to understand the expectations of your employer.
Key Takeaways: Best part time jobs for college students (2023)
A part-time job not only helps to manage financial stress but also helps to develop interpersonal and organizational skills.
Having a part-time job in a field relevant to your academic course will have a chance to have a great job after graduation.
A strong network is an asset. Part-time jobs assist in building strong connections with people and will help in my career.
I hope you found this article helpful. Share your thoughts in our comments section below.
How do part-time jobs help students in their future careers?
Almost all organizations are in search of candidates or employees who are experienced, so adopting a part-time job will be beneficial in gaining a full-time job. Part-time jobs will also help you to acquire wide varieties of skills that you can apply in the future.
What are additional part-time jobs that students can opt for?
Other than the above-mentioned jobs, students can also adopt part-time jobs like Bartender, Bookkeeper, driver, line cook, Retail sales associate, Telemarketer, Graphic designer, library assistant, etc.
What is the average pay for a part-time job?
Average pay of part-time jobs differs depending upon the job, but approximately it is between $10 to $15 per hour.
- Pluralsight Black Friday 2023 — Save 50% (Live) - November 24, 2023
- Codecademy Black Friday 2023 | Exclusive 50% OFF (LIVE) - November 24, 2023
- Coursera Plus Discount 2023 | Save $309 (December) - November 15, 2023