Do you intend to work as a web designer? Great! But how do you pick up the fundamentals and convert your designs into useful websites?
Web developers and designers typically earn more than $77,000 annually, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Even more interesting is the fact that you can work in web design without having a degree or diploma. You can acquire the knowledge and abilities required to launch a successful career as a web designer or front-end developer by taking online web design courses.
However, not every course is created equal. If you end up picking the misleading place, you’ll lose both time and money.
We’ve gathered eight of our top web design courses, both free and paid, to make it easier for you to find the best options. Let’s begin the courses right away.
Top 8+ Best Web Design Courses (2022)
If you are in a bit of a hurry, then refer to the following table for a quick overview.
|Sr. No.||Best Web Design Courses||Platform||Rating|
|2.||Become a web designer learning path||LinkedIn Learning||4.7/5|
|3.||Ultimate web designer and web developer course||Udemy||4.6/5|
|4.||Introduction to Web development||FutureLearn||4.7/5|
|5.||Figma to Webflow: Complete Web design||Skillshare||4.5/5|
|6.||Web design beginner Guide: Coding in HTML and CSS||Udemy||4.0/5|
|7.||Google UX Design||Coursera||4.7/5|
|8.||Web Design for Everybody||Coursera||4.8/5|
In this concrete course, You will get covered with the fundamental tools that every web page coder should be familiar with.
The first step in this course is learning how to use HTML and CSS to implement contemporary web pages. Next, You will learn how to code our pages so that their elements automatically rearrange and resize themselves in accordance with the size of the user’s screen.
After learning the complete basics of HTML5 and CSS3, you will get covered with responsive design using your own CSS code. Moreover, you will get to understand the basics of interacting with clients when managing a website project.
- Learn the basics of HTML5 and how to set up your development environment.
- Get covered with the fundamentals of CSS3 and advanced concepts like floating and CSS rule conflict resolution.
- Learn responsive design using your own CSS code.
- Build a real website for a project from scratch.
2. Become A Web Designer Learning Path – LinkedIn Learning
This specialization contains a complete set of short courses which is a step-by-step guide to web development and web designing.
These tutorials cover various skills that you need to design rich and engaging websites and various applications that look beautiful on both desktops as well as mobile devices.
In the first module, you will get covered with a complete introduction to web design and development. The instructor also provides you with some tips on building a website that makes every visitor feel engaged.
Next, you will learn to map the modern web design process from discovery to content creation, development and launch.
Along with the various essential concepts of HTML and CSS, you will learn to use illustrator to create high-quality web content and assets.
Finally, in the last module, you will learn how to create typography that is functional and engaging.
|Instructor||Jen Kramer, Sue Jenkins, Cris Nodder, Morten Rand Hendriksen, Emily Kay.|
- Get covered with the fundamentals of HTML and CSS based on web design.
- Create designs that can adapt to fit various devices and screen sizes.
- Practice using industry standards and modern tools to design websites and applications.
- Map the modern web design process.
3. Ultimate Web Designer And Web Developer Course – Udemy
In this in-depth web designer course, you will progress from having no prior knowledge to producing over 23 impressive designs, websites, and applications.
In the first lesson itself, you will learn visual and web design, Adobe Photoshop, and how to draw expert wireframes.
Once you get easy with the front-end languages, you will wrack your brains with extremely complex concepts like responsive websites, PHP, MySQL, WordPress, and the creation of unique WordPress plugins.
By then, you will be skilled in all facets of web design and development and be able to create dynamic, responsive websites and blogs as well as simple eCommerce sites and online shops.
Finally, it will cover design and development, and you will be guided through a practical career section that is packed with useful advice, resources, and in-the-trenches direction to help you launch your career.
- Get to build more than 23 custom web designs and various web development projects.
- Design and code your own website project from scratch.
- Discover mordern web desgn tools.
- Get covered with the visual design basics.
4. Introduction To Web Development – FutureLearn
Further, you will get covered with some of the advantages of the CSS that are compared to inline styling. You will also demonstrate how to use the document object model to access an element of a web page.
In the last session, you will design and create a quiz web page and demonstrate your new skills by making your own website.
- Design an HTML web page with the attributes and tags.
- Describe the benefits of CSS over inline styling.
- Understand the model web pages that follow the box model.
- Learn how to use the document object model that accesses an element of a web page.
5. Figma To Webflow Complete Web Design – Skillshare
Figma to Webflow: Complete Web design is a concrete course that is a complete guide to web designing. The instructor Vako Shvili explains each and every term that is essential for web design.
He simply explains the various secrets of good design and also provides you with some assignments that will help you to understand better. Along with the visual hierarchy, you will get to learn various layouts and typography.
You will also get provided with some essential tricks that every designer should know, like consistency, overlapping, and white space.
The next module will help you understand how to design and build chat apps and also covers some of the web basics like the box model, HTML, and CSS.
Moreover, the course covers the complete web flow basics like webpage building blocks, element hierarchy, padding and margins, web typography, and size settings.
And finally, you will be able to apply webflow development and handle the client project from start to end.
- Discover the secrets of good design.
- Learn how to use typography properly.
- Understand the importance of hierarchy.
- Get covered with how to use photos to create engaging websites.
- Explore six design tricks that every designer should know.
6. Web Design Beginner Guide Coding In HTML And CSS – Udemy
Our next pick gives you a complete overview of website design from scratch. It is designed especially for beginners and will explain real-world coding in CSS and HTML.
This course will introduce you to some key definitions and terms that are concerned with web development and programming. The instructor will take you deeper with HTML and CSS foundations.
The course will cover how to set up the right tools for your web development process. You will grasp the main concepts that every developer should know.
You will learn to create simple and interactive web designs on your own as you go further in this course. Not only basics, but this course will take you deep into the advanced concepts of HTML and CSS.
By the end of this course, you will be proficient enough in web designing as well as front-end development and web development.
|Duration||8 hours 39 mins|
- Discover how to configure the appropriate tools for your web development process.
- Learn the key ideas that every developer should be aware of.
- Create quick, lovely designs as you go.
- Learn more advanced HTML and CSS techniques and explore more complex topics.
7. Google UX Design
Google UX design is focused on how users interact with products like websites, apps, and physical objects.
In this course, you will gain in-demand skills that will equip you for an entry-level position over this specialization of 7 courses.
You will create on paper and with digital design programs like Adobe XD and Figma. You will have a professional UX portfolio with three end-to-end projects putting you in a position to apply for jobs.
You will get covered with how to complete the design process from start to finish, including developing design solutions, identifying user pain points, and Empathizing with users.
You get to learn the in-demand design tools Figma and Adobe XD through a combination of videos, readings, assessments, and hands-on activities.
You will even put together a portfolio with three projects in it to show prospective employers what you learned in this program.
Finally, you will create a professional UX portfolio that includes three end-to-end projects that are responsive websites, a cross-platform experience and a mobile app.
|Instructor||Instructors from Google Career|
|Duration||10 hours per week (6 months)|
- Learn to empathize with users, identify their needs, make wireframes and prototypes, and test designs.
- Learn the fundamentals of UX research.
- Understand how to plan research studies, conduct interviews, and usability tests, and summarise research findings.
8. Web Design For Everybody – Coursera
This beginner-level web designing course will help you to build a professional quality web portfolio. You will demonstrate the ability to design and implement a responsive site for a minimum of three platforms.
You will go through the design phase in which you will design a mobile-first paradigm design. The next session will cover how to review your designs. You will get feedback that is based on the proposed content, layout, and accessibility.
While you wait for the reviews of your project to be written, you will start to create the content for your website.
You will start to style your portfolio using the feedback you got from the other capstone participants. You will have the chance to turn in your advanced work for review at the end of Week Five.
|Instructor||Colleen Van Lent, Charles Russell Severance|
- Learn complete web designing from the basics.
- Demonstrate the ability to design and implement a responsive site for various platforms.
- Understand how to demonstrate mobile-first paradigm design.
- Start building your style for your portfolio.
- Learn how to validate and test your site.
- Best Fitness Courses For Beginners
- Best Email Marketing Courses & Certifications
- Best Speed Reading Courses
- Best Sales Training Courses
Final Verdict: Best Web Design Courses (2022)
For your ease, we have listed the eight online courses in web design.
Browse through these if you’re interested in learning web design, then select the one that best suits your needs.
If you are still struggling to pick the best one, then here is my suggestion:
- Web Design for everybody – Coursera: if you want to learn it from basics.
- Introduction to Web development – FutureLearn: if you want a hands-on approach and want to begin with the basics.
So which course are you opting to build a career in web designing? Let us know in the comment section below.
- 11+ Best Fintech Courses To Learn Finance Technology In 2023 - February 6, 2023
- Upwork Vs Fiverr: The Ultimate Comparison Of 2023 - January 31, 2023
- How Open University Works And How Will It Help You? - January 28, 2023