Beginning your own company requires not only exceptional tenacity and dedication but also a set of specialized skills. You’ll need to understand how to locate your organization, build a brand, pitch your business to investors, and draw clients.
In the United States, self-made billionaires make up nearly two-thirds of the total. They developed a concept, launched their own company, and enjoyed great success.
While many business owners learn from their mistakes and gain knowledge over time as a result, there is a better way.
You can develop the skills and knowledge necessary to identify market insufficiencies, come up with innovative solutions to unmet needs, and create a company around your good or service by taking online entrepreneurship courses.
However, there are many options available, making it challenging to sort through the options and determine which courses are really worthwhile of your time and money.
So I have reviewed the top 9 online entrepreneurship courses below to help you make a decision.
Top 9+ Best Entrepreneurship Courses In (2022)
Before we step ahead, have a look at a quick overview of the best entrepreneurship courses that will give you an overall idea.
|Sr. No||Best Entrepreneurship Courses||Platform|
|1.||Specialization in Entrepreneurship||Coursera|
|2.||Developing Innovative Ideas for new companies: the first step in Entrepreneurship||Coursera|
|3.||U.S. startup and small business law||Udemy|
|4.||How to start your business||Coursera|
|5.||Becoming an Entrepreneur||edX|
|6.||How to build a startup||Udacity|
|7.||Starting a Successful Side: Hustle||Skillshare|
|8.||Introduction to Entrepreneurship||Alison|
|9.||Essentials of Entrepreneurship: Taking and action||Coursera|
1. Specialization In Entrepreneurship – Coursera
The Entrepreneurship Specialization at Wharton discusses the understanding, design, organization, and design of new businesses.
From opportunity recognition through launch, expansion, raising capital, and revenue growth, this five-course series is meant to guide you.
Here you will grow entrepreneurial thinking and improve the skills necessary to create a new business with the possibility for financing and expansion or to locate and seize expansion opportunities within an already-existing organization.
The first course, Developing the opportunity, lets you explore the technology in entrepreneurship and its relation with impact entrepreneurship.
In launching your startup session, you will be provided with how to build your external team, advisory board members, professional services, and entrepreneurial strategy; create and manage a team; allocate equity; and master the art of the pitch.
You will be able to develop a launch strategy after completing this course, including knowing who you need to hire, how to manage them to deliver the most value, and what legal considerations apply.
In the next courses, you get to learn various growth strategies and financing and profitability, by which you will know what winning looks like and how it can be financed.
Additionally, you will be prepared for the capstone project, where you will receive feedback on your own pitch deck and possibly be chosen to make a presentation to venture capitalists.
|Instructor||Lori Rosenkopf, Karl T. Ulrich, Ethan Mollick, Kartick Hosanagar, David Hsu|
|Duration||6 months (2 hours/week)|
- Explore where technology entrepreneurship and impact entrepreneurship align and diverge.
- Learn proven techniques for identifying the opportunity and hypothesis testing.
- Create a strategy for launch and manage how to provide the greatest value.
- Discover the expansion strategy for your startup.
- Get covered with the entrepreneurship capstone.
2. Developing Innovative Ideas For New Companies: The First Step In Entrepreneurship – Coursera
This course supports aspiring and current business owners in turning great ideas into successful businesses.
The course focuses on the need to develop the ability to create and act on innovative business opportunities is becoming more and more important as economies grow.
It offers abundant opportunities to create new ventures and as tough economic times force many people to create their own jobs.
Here you will get to learn the various models and methods for new venture opportunities. This will teach you how to identify and analyze various entrepreneurial opportunities and how to enhance your mindset as an entrepreneur.
Plus, you get to improve your strategic decision-making and also examine approaches to understanding customers and building compelling solutions.
Finally, with the last session, you will be able to create innovative business models that will give you a complete idea of growing your business.
|Instructor||Dr.James V. Green|
- Get introduced to innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Explore entrepreneurial thinking with attention to an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Get covered with the various approaches to understanding customers.
- Develop compelling solutions and craft winning business models.
3. U.S. Startup And Small Business Law – Udemy
The U.S. Startup & Small Business Registration And Business Law online program is intended for business owners and entrepreneurs who want to begin their own businesses or start-ups by gaining knowledge about company registration approaches and skills.
This online course consists of two hours of pre-recorded lectures, two workbooks, and twenty downloadable resources on subjects like patent rights, business law, business services, intellectual property rights, online privacy, copyright, trademark, partnerships, and more.
In this course, you will discover why it’s important to register your company with the government and how to select the right business structure (LLC, S Corp, C Corp, or something else).
Moreover, you will know how to safeguard your intellectual property, fundamental employment law principles, online privacy concerns, and much more.
Additionally, it helps you to understand how to find a reputable business attorney when you need one.
People who successfully complete this online certification will have a thorough understanding of the fundamental ideas and procedures related to registering startups and small businesses in the US under business law.
It also helps you to investigate the basics of company formation and learn how to safeguard their online privacy and intellectual property on social media.
|Instructor||Alex Genaadinik, Steve Pipenger|
|Duration||2 hours 12 mins|
- Understand social media use at work and Internet privacy
- Decide whether your company should be a non-profit, LLC, S corp, or C corp.
- Look into a lawyer’s disciplinary and ethical history.
- Understand the distinctions between a trademark, patent, and copyright.
4. How To Start Your Business – Coursera
How to start your business is a complete guide to building your own business. It includes six courses that help you to understand each step in entrepreneurship.
The course starts with developing an entrepreneurial mindset which is essential for growing your business. It provides you with an overview of reframing your thinking to maximize the chances for success.
The next course talks about how to find amazing ideas through observational tools and other techniques for idea generation. You will also create a resource inventory from which you can assess and get market opportunities.
As you go ahead, you will have a look at a complete business model that summarises assumptions and the value offered. These verified interpretations will be used to produce revenue models that are based on existing resources and efforts expended.
Moreover, in the next course, you get to build the frame for business growth. And finally, you will go ahead with the launch strategy, where you will learn five steps to the capstone experience.
By the end of this specialization, you will thoroughly apply these skills and techniques when you will launch an actual business.
|Instructor||Forrest s. Carter, Ken Szymusiak, David Wheeler|
|Duration||3 hours/ week (8 months)|
- Develop an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Build skills to operate effectively within the new framework or model for starting a business.
- Innovate new ideas and harness creativity to empower innovation.
- Learn how to create a strong succession plan.
- Create a structure to build the frame for business growth.
5. Becoming An Entrepreneur – edX
Becoming an entrepreneur is an in-depth course that covers steps to start your own business from scratch and the various skills you need to grow your business.
The course discusses the startup mindset you need to embark on your entrepreneurial path. It inspires you to explore an entrepreneurial approach and tools to overcome the initial challenges of growing your business.
The instructor clears various myths about entrepreneurship and helps you define your goals as an entrepreneur and startup.
As you go ahead, you will learn how to identify various business opportunities and how to perform market research. Not only will you understand choosing the right target audience, but you will also learn to generate leads.
Further, you will learn in-depth planning, which includes logistics and how to pitch and sell to customers.
|Price||Free audit track, $60 for verified track|
|Instructor||Martin Culpepper, Laurie Stach|
- Dispell the central entrepreneurship myths.
- Specify your objectives as a startup and entrepreneur.
- Learn how to find commercial opportunities.
- Choose your target market and conduct market research.
- Understand how to create and evaluate your offer.
6. How To Build A Startup – Udacity
This course talks about how to build a startup on your own and build various business skills that bring your idea from conception to market.
Steve Blank, the instructor, offers deep insights into the essential steps required to create a successful startup in the introduction section of the fundamentals of the renowned Customer Development Process.
You will study how to look for the actual customer pain points and needs of customers. The primary goal of this course is to teach learners how to successfully build and check ideas by providing enormous amounts of feedback from customers and the marketplace.
You will then start understanding the business models and customer development, in which you will learn about value propositions, customer segments, and revenue streams.
Next, you will get to gain in-depth knowledge of customer relationships, where you will understand paid and earned demand creation and viral loops. You will also calculate your direct and indirect costs for delivering your product.
Finally, the instructor will give you some insights on revenue models and various resources that you need to deliver your product to your customer.
|Instructor||Steve Blank, Kathleen Mullaney|
|Duration||1 month approx|
- learn the entrepreneurial skills necessary to take your idea into a profitable market.
- Finding out precisely what your customers want from your product as well as how to bring it to them by observing and listening to, and interacting with them
- Obtaining, analyzing, and utilizing feedback from customers to strengthen your business strategy, marketing, and product
- Engaging your clients through the three stages of the CRM lifecycle: acquisition, maintenance, and growth
7. Starting A Successful Side: Hustle – Skillshare
This course talks about starting up your side business. Here you will learn the business model that anyone can use with zero start-up expenses.
You will get addressed with topics in the course that you will need answers to before you even start thinking about starting a side business.
The instructor will help you to build the right mindset before you get started with your own ideas. He also provides you with various concepts like creating a design, creating the sales page, and how to market your message card for free.
Further, he talks about how to grow your side hustles by building strategies. He will also mention the quality and quantity you need for your startup.
You even get covered with how to deal with failure and how to do critical thinking to build new ideas.
Finally in the end section will cover how to get consistent results and how to build a strong team.
8. Introduction To Entrepreneurship – Alison
This course takes you to the core of entrepreneurship and innovation. It covers the development of technology and use of the intellectual property to give entrepreneurs a competitive advantage over their competitors.
You get to explore the value of patents and industrial design principles that protect the entrepreneur along with the trademark and copyright.
As you go ahead you will understand the value that innovation has for entrepreneurs. It includes the adoption or production of a value-added novelty in economic and social conduct.
The course will teach you how intellectual property promotes innovation and protects entrepreneurship.
Further, you get addressed to the entrepreneurship-related terminologies to understand the difference between terminologies as a prospective entrepreneur.
Finally in the end you will go through the two ways to classify innovation and various types of innovation under each section. You wil explore the various case studies around these classifications which will give you practical aspects of entrepreneurship.
This course is perfect for any person who wants to become a business 666 person or a tycoon.
|Duration||10 to 15 hours|
- Understand the complete entrepreneurship and IP strategy.
- Get covered with innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Understand the types of innovation, invention, and creativity.
- Learn how intellectual property promotes innovation.
9. Essentials Of Entrepreneurship: Taking And Action – Coursera
This interactive course equips aspiring business owners with the skills they need to seize business opportunities.
In the first part, you will get to learn about the many faces and concepts of entrepreneurship. This also covers the complete entrepreneurial process and how to manage it.
You will recognize various opportunities to generate and assess your own business idea. This course assists you in putting your own business idea into practice using entrepreneurial strategies, concepts, and methodologies.
Through this course, you get to understand various operational challenges involved with creating new business ventures.
You also get covered with the various entrepreneurial skills and tools and marketing strategies to build a business setup.
By the end of this course, you will have the skills and confidence to evaluate starting a business and to become more enterprising in how to approach your roles.
- Understand how to oversee the entrepreneurial process.
- Acknowledge opportunities to develop original business ideas.
- Make use of business-related tactics, concepts, and strategies.
- Recognize the operational challenges that emerge when opening new businesses.
- Best Fitness Courses For Beginners
- Best Email Marketing Courses & Certifications
- Best Speed Reading Courses
- Best MasterClass Courses
- Best Content Writing Courses For Writers
Conclusion: Best Entrepreneurship Courses(2022)
So we looked at the most popular entrepreneurship training providers to help you find the best online entrepreneurship course.
The chosen courses were chosen based on the level of the course material, the reputation of the training academy, the price, the certification, and the duration.
All of the courses are ideal for those just getting started in entrepreneurship. To make it simple for you to find the course you are looking for, we added a list of both free and paid courses.
Let us know in the comment section below which course you are taking.
- Shonda Rhimes MasterClass Review 2023: How Good Is It? - February 8, 2023
- How to Create an Infographic in Powerpoint (Detailed Guide) - February 8, 2023
- Top 10 Lowest Acceptance Rate Colleges (Updated 2023) - February 7, 2023