Nutrition is a very important factor that we need to follow these days. Sometimes we get misled about nutrition by various sources.
Due to this, we may undergo the wrong lifestyle and nutritional factors. You need thorough knowledge about your food and nutrition to maintain a proper and healthy lifestyle.
So considering this issue, I have researched some excellent Free Nutrition Courses that are available online. From this course, you will know the type of food you are eating and what transformation or changes you need to implement in your daily habits to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Even if you are looking for a career in food and nutrition, then these courses will definitely guide you and acknowledge you with all the basics.
Following are the Free Nutrition courses which will provide you with all the details about your nutrition as well as the science behind it.
Let’s quickly understand each one of them.
8 best Free Nutrition Courses
Before we go into depth, you can have a quick review of the Best Free Nutrition Courses available online.
|Sr. No||Free Nutrition Courses||Best For|
|1.||Basics of Nutrition||Best Overall|
|2.||Introduction to Nutrition and Food Safety||Best for nutrition tips|
|3.||Child Nutrition and Cooking||Best for child nutrition and food planning|
|4.||Nutrition and Health: Human Microbiome||Best for learning microbiome factor|
|5.||Make Food Your Medicine: Meal Planning for Health, Well being and Training||Best in-depth course|
|6.||Meal Planning Masterclass: Build the perfect Meal Plan for Health, Wellness, and Training||Best for planning and building a suitable meal plan.|
|7.||Diploma in Human Nutrition||Best for a career in food and nutrition|
|8.||Nutrition and Cancer||Best for nutrition planning in cancer|
1. Basics of Nutrition By Udemy
Basics of Nutrition is our top pick for Free nutrition courses available online. This short Udemy course is a complete guide to healthy eating and how to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
In this course, you will learn to identify the improvements that you need to do to maintain a healthy and proper lifestyle.
This course helps to plan your timetable for eating and workout and also gives you ideas to maintain and follow it for a longer period without fail.
It will give you all the nutrition ratios in various foods so that you can manage what to eat and how much to eat. Moreover, it focuses on combating issues like Cholesterol, Diabetes, and Blood Pressure and also the nutrition you can get for those issues.
It will also talk about the mindfulness and positive balance that you need to carry. You will get covered with the importance of hydration that you need to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
This course is perfect for anyone who wants to discover and follow healthy living. Also, if you are studying nutrition as your degree.
|Instructor||Paletta Academy, Shahana Bhaskaran|
- Get covered in the basic nutrition facts and science behind it.
- Plan your nutrition schedule and learn various tips to maintain it for a longer time.
- Get a complete plan to handle ill issues like Diabetes and Blood pressure.
- Understand how to plan your diet and execute the goals.
- You do not get any certification.
- Students may find it very basic.
2. Introduction To Nutrition And Food Safety by Future Learn
This course from FutureLearn covers all the nutrition facts and the food value that you need to take care of.
It is a basic course that includes all the basics of nutrition and how to manage a healthy diet. You will learn the impact of diet on your health and solutions to overcome those.
The instructors also focus on the various aspects of a decrease in your food quality and different ways to monitor the food value. You also get covered with various benefits of good nutrition and how it supports your healthy body.
By the end of this course, you will be able to record your data and harmful nutrients in foods. Also, you will know all the food-related health risks and what nutrition value you need for your body and living style.
This course has a free trial of FutureLearn, and also you need to set your time before taking the course. Then you can jump to any session if you want.
|Instructor||Jane Chao, Yu-Chen Hou, Yi-wen Chien|
- Get covered with all nutrition facts and longevity.
- Learn how pesticides reduce nutritional value and how to overcome it.
- How to manage your food schedule with the proper value.
- Focus on food inspection and adulteration.
- You might go through a waiting period before starting the course.
3. Child Nutrition And Cooking By Coursera
Child Nutrition and Cooking is an excellent course that is available on Coursera, which provides significant information on how to manage child nutrition.
It will explain how eating habits affect the health of your child and control healthy living across the lifespan.
The course will help you examine the nutritional value of your child and the health hazards due to unhealthy food in childhood.
They will provide you with some tutorials on how to make easy and healthy food that includes high proteins and vitamins.
By doing this course, you will be able to identify the various nutritional values of packed food and how to control childhood obesity with a balanced diet.
This course is perfect for parents who need proper guidance on their child’s diet and various ideas for nutrition-based food.
- Learn various simple and basic food ideas.
- Know the importance of a balanced diet.
- Get covered with tricks to navigate the supermarket and shops for vegetables and fruits.
- Understand the value provided by sustainable, organic, and local vegetables and plan for gardening to provide high nutrients.
- A certificate is provided with small fee aid.
4. Nutrition And Health: Human Microbiome By edX
Nutrition and Health Human Microbiome is an excellent edX course that offers a comprehensive course that explains how the human microbiome plays a significant role in covering gut function, life development, disorders, and nutrient values.
Here you will learn about the role of the microbiota in our health and diseases. It will help you to gain a basic and important understanding of the microbiome and its effect on health.
You will get to discover the various aspects of food nutrients, fibers, probiotics, microbiology, and added bacteria.
Furthermore, you will also know about healthy aging, Microbial therapies, and diagnosis.
|Level||Beginner to Intermediate|
- Study the microbiome, microbiota, and human microbiome.
- Study the topics like healthy aging, diet, longevity, immune scene, and centenarians.
- Get covered with genes and obesity and solutions to overcome it.
- Learn the applicability of the microbiome and probiotic production and food chain.
- More focus on Microbiome functions.
5. Make Food Your Medicine: Meal Planning For Health, Well-being, And Training by skillshare
In this intermediate course, you will get covered with healthy eating and how it is important to maintain a healthy diet plan.
The instructor, Felix, will teach you the principles of healthy eating as well as the true food pyramid. You will get to know about the Twinkie Experiment, which is based on calories and body weight while eating the right food. It will also help you to measure how many calories you need daily.
You get to understand the macronutrients as well as the nutrient timing facts and supplements that you need externally. He explains the various types of nutrient supplements for vegetarians, improved sleep, memory, focus, and joining health.
By the end of this course, you will know how to track the calories and how to manage your protein, fats and carb value. Also, you will know how much fat you need every day.
And the most important part about this course is Felix explains all the myths related to a healthy lifestyle and nutrition intake.
|Duration||2 hours 19 mins|
- Learn how to determine your calorie intake and ways to track your calories.
- Get covered with various trends like low cards, paleo, vegan, and gluten-free.
- Discover the various supplements or dietary food that will improve your health and immunity.
- Study healthy veggies and fruits and various healthy sources of carbs, fats, and protein.
- The course explains various myths about diet and essential body factors.
- You get a project where you will need to create your meal plan.
- You can not jump to the next lesson without completing each one.
6. Meal Planning Masterclass: Build The Perfect Meal Plan for Health, Wellness, and Training By Skillshare
This class involves various steps of setting and following your ideal meal plan. This class covers all the myths about health and nutrition as well as teaches you how to be consistent with your plan and how to reach the goal.
In the first module, you will be covered with meal planning for training and health. In that, you will cover how to manage proteins, carbs, and fats. You will also learn how to track your calories in the right way.
Various eating trends are also covered in this course, like Paleo, Gluten-free, low-carb, veganism, etc. Moreover, you will acknowledge all the right vitamins and minerals that you need for proper nutrition. It also explains how much water you need for your proper hydration.
Finally, you will get to know all the tricks and scientific ways to boost and increase immunity.
This course is perfect for anyone who wants to transform their lifestyle into a healthy one and also it is perfect for professional gym trainers and physicians.
- Understand the complete nutrients in food.
- Learn how to plan the complete meal.
- Study the ideal intake of proteins, fats, and carbs.
- Get covered with all the essential components and the proportion that you need for your healthy body.
- Learn with a project that will help you to create your own meal plan.
- You may find the content lengthy.
7. Diploma In Human Nutrition By Alison
This course is an intermediate course that will cover all human nutrition. You will be introduced to the basics of human nutrition and the various factors you need for a healthy lifestyle.
In the first two modules, you will learn the science behind nutrition and the complete overview of the human digestive system including the absorption of nutrients and elimination.
It will also cover each and every detail about lipids, proteins, and carbs. Then in the fourth module, you will learn about the metabolism pathways of lipids and proteins.
The course focuses on all the vitamins and antioxidants and how they play a significant role in nutrition.
You will go through various assessments after each module which you will need to clear to proceed further.
Overall this is the best course for students who are planning to study dietician and nutrition.
- Learn complete human nutrition.
- It covers various nutrition and science research as well as various digestive functions in our body.
- Study with various assessments.
- Understand lipids, proteins, carbohydrates, minerals, and vitamins.
- Cover will cover how to plan your healthy meal.
- You get certain advertisements in between the modules.
8. Nutrition And Cancer By edX
This nutrition course is specially focused on cancer-based nutritional values for cancer survivors. It is perfect for cancer patients as well as dieticians and physicians.
You will learn about the importance of nutrition in the progression of cancer and how it is involved in cancer occurrence and treatment. This course also provides various evidence-based dietary guidelines that will help you to manage your diet.
You will also learn about the variety of dietary exposures and various lifestyle factors.
By the end of this course, you will gain solid knowledge and the scientific basis to balance cancer and nutrition.
This course offers paid as well as free versions. You can take an audit track which is completely free but with limited access to the study materials.
|Instructor||Ellen Kampman, Dieuwertje Kok|
- Design of studies to study the relationship between diet and cancer
- Health risks for tumor growth and survival associated with lifestyle and diet
- The processes via which diet promotes cancer
- Get covered with Primary and secondary cancer prevention guidelines for the general public and survivors
- Study the various dietary guidelines.
- Focused only on nutrition related to cancer.
Conclusion: Best Free Nutrition Courses (2022)
I hope you have found the best free nutrition course from the above list. Still, if you are confused about which one to choose then here is my suggestion:
- Introduction to Nutrition and Food Safety – Best Overall.
- Make Food Your Medicine: Meal Planning for Health, Well-being, and Training – Best for in-depth knowledge.
- Diploma in Human Nutrition – Best for a career in nutrition and diet.
Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
- Grammarly Discount Code 2022 — 20% Off Special Offer (NOV) - November 26, 2022
- Jasper AI Black Friday 2022: Exclusive 20% Off + 3 Bonuses - November 26, 2022
- MasterClass Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2022 [Exclusive deals] - November 26, 2022