MasterClass is one of the fastest-growing online learning platforms on the internet today.
In this article, we will be covering the most accurate statistics of MasterClass.
That indicates you get to find an overview of MasterClass, MasterClass finances, a curated list of the most popular MasterClass courses, available MasterClass stats, website traffic analysis, and so on.
Without further ado, let’s dive into the numbers.
MasterClass Statistics: In a Nutshell
For every company, there is a list of statistics maintained in order to grow and evolve. The statistics determine the future of the company wherein it shows full transparency of how the business is booming and how it is not. Basically, a tracker of all rankings.
It involves everything related to numbers in terms of website traffic, the total number of hits, keyword searches, ranking on the search engine, and many more. All of it collectively is known as statistics.
For MasterClass, we have collected the relevant factual matter and how is it growing on the internet.
MasterClass Company: Overview
- MasterClass was founded in the year 2015.
- Aaron Rasmussen and David Rogier are the co-founders of MasterClass.
- Till now, MasterClass has multiplied its work population to over 500 employees.
- MasterClass is an online learning platform that offers a variety of courses instructed by A-grade celebrities of all fields which includes Christina Aguilera, Gordon Ramsay, and many more artists worldwide.
- Some of the famous MasterClass courses are handled by deadmau5, Garry Kasparov, and Neil Gaiman.
- Known for their unique way of teaching via workbooks, audio files, and workshops, MasterClass is building the legacy of a new education system on the internet.
MasterClass Classes Stats
- In the initial months of MasterClass’s debut as a learning platform, it captured over 30,000 students across the world making it one of the fastest growing online educational mediums.
- Though MasterClass started with only a countable number of instructors, it has more than 100+ MasterClasses with diverse categories and sections.
- Till now, the longest MasterClass is said to be handled by Chris Hadfield which has a watch time of around 8 hours to complete the entire course.
- The shortest MasterClass is said to be handled by Tony Hawk which has a watch time of only 1 hour and 40 minutes to complete.
- The most famous MasterClass courses are handled by Anna Wintour, Editor-in-chief, Vogue, and Chris Voss, CEO of Black Swan Group Ltd.
- By 2020, as the pandemic took place, the MasterClass courses went up by 1,000%.
- 50 new courses will be added with a new set of celebrities in MasterClass.
Finances of MasterClass
- MasterClass was funded by Harrison Metals for $1.9 million to get started in the year 2015.
- With a loyal consumer base and dedicated student community, MasterClass was able to grow to its peak.
- As MasterClass started growing massively, the entire funding came to a total of $475 million. The funding did not raise in a single round but 7 rounds where it was raised up to $225 million.
- As a result, it in return tripled MasterClass’s valuation to $2.75 billion. MasterClass was able to double sales by the pandemic.
- Apart from all the finances, MasterClass has removed its single course-only plan from its pricing plan which means consumers can only claim the All-Access Pass which is billed at $180/- per year.
The Most Popular MasterClass Courses Available
Though all the MasterClass courses are handled and instructed by celebrities, not every MasterClass promises to become a hit. Hence, we have curated a list of all the popular and most recommended courses in MasterClass so you don’t have to do the research.
The following are the most popular MasterClass courses:
2. Neil Gaiman “Teaches the Art of Storytelling”
4. Neil deGrasse Tyson “Teaches Scientific Thinking and Communication”
5. Chriss Voss “Teaches the Art of Negotiation”
6. Deadmau5 “Teaches Electronic Music Production”
7. Timbaland “Teaches Producing and Beatmaking”
8. Aaron Sorkin “Teaches Screenwriting”
9. David Lynch “Teaches Creativity and Film”
The breakdown shows that the majority of MasterClass students base, consumers want to learn something related to film, music, and communication.
Website Traffic Analysis of MasterClass (Updated)
Apart from the sales aspect, the main traffic that drives MasterClass is their website, which has around 2.5 million organic keyword searches. The organic keyword gains show how loyal their customer base is. It even resulted in organic traffic of 4.5 million direct to the website.
Eventually, the website traffic resulted in a value worth $2.4 million.
In total, MasterClass has an average of nearly 10 million monthly visits to their website and over 60% of their website traffic comes only from search engines such as Google and Bing.
In this section, we will be covering the average stats of MasterClass which includes the number of courses, lessons, and also time is taken to complete the MasterClass.
- Average number of courses in MasterClass – 100+ courses
- Average number of lessons in a MasterClass – 20-22 lessons per MasterClass
- Average duration of a MasterClass – 15-20 minutes per lesson, 4-5 hours per MasterClass
Frequenlty Aksed Questions On MasterClass Statistics
Who founded MasterClass?
David Rogier and Aaron Rasmussen are the founders of MasterClass.
Which is the shortest MasterClass available on the platform?
The MasterClass by Tony Hawk has a watch time of 1 hour and 40 minutes to complete.
How much revenue MasterClass raised recently?
MasterClass has recently raised funding to March 2021 was $236.4 million.
In which year was MasterClass started?
MasterClass was started in the year 2015.
What is the most popular course in MasterClass?
The MasterClass by Gordon Ramsay stands first in the most popular courses in MasterClass.