Crocheting is undergoing a revival!
Are you here looking for the answer to how to learn Crochet online or which are the best online crochet courses, then I must say you are at the perfect place!
In this article, I have listed down the top 9 online crochet courses that will definitely help you to choose the most suitable option for you!
So without wasting time, let’s get started.
Top 10 Online Crochet Courses: In A Nutshell (2023)
Here is the list of the top 9 online crochet courses.
|Sr. No.||Crochet Courses||Rating||Platform|
|1.||The Ultimate Course for Beginner and Intermediate Crochet||4.8/5||Udemy|
|2.||How to Read a Crochet Pattern||4.7/5||Creativebug|
|3.||Creating Garments using Crochet||4.6/5||Domestika|
|4.||Crochet Pattern Granny Square||4.6/5||Udemy|
|5.||4 Core Crochet Stitches||4.6/5||Udemy|
|6.||Crocheting for beginners with crochet projects||4.7/5||Skillshare|
|7.||Crochet basics from skein to scarf||4.4/5||Udemy|
|8.||Crochet: Basics and Beyond||4.6/5||Craftsy|
|9.||Crochet Basics – Learn to crochet within week||4.5/5||Udemy|
|10.||Granny Square Crochet: Make Your Own Sweater||4.4/5||Domestika|
1. The Ultimate Course for Beginner and Intermediate Crochet
The Ultimate Course for Beginner and Intermediate Crochet is a complete guide to crochet core techniques.
This Udemy course is a whole library of Crochet that includes foundation chain, double and triple crochet, single and half double, perfect tension, and core techniques of keeping the edges straight.
You will be covered with clusters, rounds perfect squares, practice shells, and all the tools and materials of the crochet.
The course also focused on projects with finishing touches like fringe and picots. By the end of this course, you will be definitely able to create your own designs and definitely showcase your crochet skills and knitting designs.
|Instructor||Rita de Maintenon|
- Learn to create half double and triple crochet.
- Discover the various crochet possibilities.
- Learn core concepts of crochet.
- Get covered with picot trim.
- Learn reverse crochet trim
Best For: Beginner to Intermediates
2. How To Read a Crochet Pattern
In this short course, you will be covered with various basic crochet patterns and designs. If you want to learn crochet as your hobby, then this beginner-level short course is perfect for you.
Also, the best part of this course is, that Edie explains all the crochet charts in a very simple way,
All the strange abbreviations, cryptic symbols, and numbers are covered in this course. Also, Edie talks about the detailed supply list of various patterns and designs.
This course is a perfect guide for those who want to learn crochet motifs and different garment patterns.
- Get step-by-step instructions on the crochet process from the expert.
- You get a detailed process of different crochet designs.
- You get on-time feedback on your progress as well as you can also ask questions and interact with other students.
- Learn various garment patterns.
Best For: Beginners
3. Creating Different Garments Using Crochet
This course is a perfect guide to making various types of crochet garments that are filled with different colors and styles.
Alicia guides you with the tricks and techniques of crochet designs so that you can make a unique piece that you ever wanted to make just with simple stitches and hooks.
Also, you will explore how to perform and create various textures. Also, you will explore the technique that will help you to add various colors to your unique piece.
The best part of the course is that you will be covered with learning the different yarns and how you can use them.
|Duration||3 hours 14 mins|
|Instructor||Alicia Recio Rodriguez|
- Learn complete crochet filled with various styles and colors.
- Get covered with various tricks and techniques so that you can make a unique piece on your own.
- Discover various textures and types of needles.
- Get covered with basic processes to make your own order crochet piece and learn the colorwork tools and techniques.
Best For: Intermediates.
4. Crochet Pattern Granny Square – The Easiest Ever
Crochet Pattern Granny Square is a step-by-step introductory course that will show you how to make sample pieces with 2 stitches that every crocheter should know.
You will be covered with how to create your square and join your square together using a common crochet stitch.
You will also get a bonus video that will cover how to make a stunning new pattern that allows you to develop your skills and inspire you to create your own unique design.
By the end of this course, you will be covered with a super modern granny square of your own.
|Duration||2 hours 38 mins|
- Learn how to weave in your ends, how to join crochet pieces, and try out different crochet designs.
- Get covered with the easy and quick color change of yarn while you are creating.
- Learn various modern granny square pillows from start to end.
- Master the most important stitches used for crochet designs.
Best For: Intermediates.
5. 4 Core Crochet Stitches
This is a beginner-level online crochet course, but they are also ideal for anyone who wants to refresh their skills before returning to crocheting.
The four basic crochet stitches will be used to produce a washcloth and scarf by the students, chain, single crochet, double crochet, and half-double crochet.
You’ll also learn about several yarn and needle options, how to get started with the slipknot, and how to finish your project. Along the way, you’ll have plenty of samples to look at.
There are two patterns to choose from; make one or both using the four stitches taught in these online crochet courses.
|Duration||1 hour 38 mins|
- Learn core crochet stitches.
- Get all patterns attached as a PDF file of course.
- Learn with various assignments of crocheting.
- Get feedback and ask various questions to the instructors.
Best For: Beginners.
6. Crocheting for Beginners with Projects
Learn the principles of crocheting with the help of the first section, and then go on your journey to the realm of skilled crocheting.
These are the best online crochet courses for learning the basics as well as progressing to the more advanced stages.
You’ll be able to construct advanced crocheting techniques, lace crafts, and an entire fall/winter ensemble, including leg warmers, gloves, and a hat, once you complete the course.
- Learn all the essentials of crocheting.
- Get covered with advanced crocheting stitches, winter sets, and lace projects.
- Learn to make gloves, and leg warmers with various designs.
- Learn double and triple crochet.
Best For: Beginner to Intermediate.
7. Crochet Basics from Skein to Scarf
Emese Lilion’s Udemy introductory lesson is ideal for both newcomers to crochet and experienced artists seeking a refresher.
Throughout this time, your tutor will show you the fundamentals of crochet, including how to make single, double, and triple crochet stitches. With this knowledge, you’ll have a solid basis to begin experimenting with a range of projects.
The second section of this course will teach you how to crochet various forms such as triangles, hearts, circles, and a five-petal flower pattern. Making classic filet blocks, granny squares, and spiral shells will also be covered.
This course provides a great variety of downloadable resources that you may refer to both during and after the course – definitely worth considering!
|Instructor||Connie Lee Lynch|
- Learn chain stitch, double crochet, and various tools and notions.
- Learn finishing off and weaving in the end.
- Get covered with how to hold your Yarn and Hook.
- Get your project started with a scarf, gauge, and customize your scarf.
Best For: Intermediates.
8. Crochet: Basics and Beyond
Discover the crochet stitches, materials, and methods you’ll need to get started with this course on Craftsy!
Kim Werker walks you through the process of getting started, from choosing the perfect yarn and reading complex yarn labels to gripping your hook and working yarn properly.
You’ll like Kim’s down-to-earth attitude as she demonstrates single, double, and half-double crochet, as well as the slip stitch! Learn how to work in rows, how to keep your crochet on track, and how to fix rows that have gone awry.
Then, see three distinct approaches to getting started working in the round and becoming familiar with reading patterns!
Finally, use your newly acquired abilities to make a charming granny square blanket that you’ll be happy to display or present.
|Duration||3 hours 27 mins|
- Get in-depth instructions on crocheting basics.
- Get downloadable PDF resources as a bonus with the course.
- Get on-demand video access anytime.
- Learn how to read various patterns.
- Get started with various tools and techniques of crochet.
Best For: Beginner to Intermediates.
9. Crochet Basics – Learn to Crochet within a Week
Both individuals who have never crocheted before and wish to learn the craft as well as those who are more experienced but want to brush up on their skills can benefit from taking this course.
You will be covered with the basic crochet knots as well as how to interpret chart markings.
In the starting, you will know about crochet in general, and afterward, you will know the basic and essential skills and techniques like
- Chain Stitching
- Two-color crochet
- Treble Crochet, as well as other techniques
In addition, you will demonstrate several back tactics, such as the Basis Single Crochet, which involves doing the chain base and the initial row of crochet design at a time!
By the end of this lesson, you will be able to stitch more complicated and complex crochet designs as well.
|Duration||2 hours 20 mins|
- A step-by-step guide to stitches, techniques, and various signs in detail.
- Learn simple designs like filet blocks, granny squares, triangles, flowers, and spiral shells.
- Get covered with double crochet, chain stitches, and tricks of foundational crochet patterns.
Best For: Beginners.
10. Granny Square Crochet: Make Your Own Sweater
If you want to make a sweater all by yourself, then this Crochet class is the best option for you. This course is available on Domestika, and the instructor of this course is Katie Jones.
In this course, you will learn the art of granny square crocheting and how to crochet a sweater quickly. In this three hours course, the instructor will tell you about all the tools that you need to create a sweater.
You will also learn about all the basic stitches, such as chain stitch, double crochet, treble crochet, and slip stitch. The course may seem overwhelming at first, but once you dive deep into the lessons, you will know how easy it is to crochet.
You can make amazing handmade crochet items for fun or business with this course. The course also includes projects which you can complete for yourself and upload pictures of it in the course.
To take this course, you also don’t need any prior experience in crochet, and this course is great for anyone who wants to create their own clothing.
|Price||$59.99 but on sale $14.99|
|Duration||3 hours 26 mins|
- Learn about different stitches and techniques
- Create a customized head hole for the perfect fit
- How to add a finishing touch to your clothing
- Minimal materials needed to practice
Best For: Beginners.
Conclusion: Learn How to Crochet Online (2023)
Wrapping up the best Online Crochet courses, I have listed down all the top Crochet courses you can learn online at your own pace.
Still, if you are in doubt about which is the best Online Crochet course online, then here are my suggestions.
- The Ultimate Course for Beginner and Intermediate Crochet by Udemy.
- Crochet: Basics and Beyond by craftsy.
- 4 Core Crochet Stitches by Skillshare.
Let us know in the comment section below which crochet course you are taking.
- 13+ Best Blogging Courses In 2023 (Free & Paid Options) - September 30, 2023
- Mindvalley 6 Phase Meditation Review — Is it Worth It? - September 30, 2023
- 9+ Best Masterclass Alternatives 2023 (Handpicked) - September 28, 2023