The freelancing industry has proliferated post covid-19. Apart from that, most beginners are trying to start their careers through freelancing and turning to freelance platforms like Fiverr.
However, there are some downsides to Fiver, and it is not for everyone, considering the high competition rates on the platform. Here, Fiverr alternatives come to your rescue.
Bonus: Unlock your freelance potential with Fiverr. Check our detailed Fiverr review here to know more about this platform.
In this article, I have compiled a list of Fiverr alternatives that will help you find the best platform for freelancing and help recruiters find the most suitable candidates for their projects.
So without further ado, let’s get into it.
Top 11 Fiverr Alternatives: A Quick Look (2023)
The below table will provide you with a glimpse of Fiverr alternatives in case you don’t have time to go through each one in detail.
|Sr. No.||Platform||Best For|
|1.||Upwork||Recruiters looking for expert freelancers.|
|2.||Freelancer.com||Recruiters looking for skilled freelancers at reasonable rates.|
|3.||TopTal||Freelancers looking for high-paying gigs.|
|4.||99designs||Freelancers and buyers looking to design projects and services.|
|5.||PeoplePerHour||Freelancers looking for security in payments.|
|6.||Truelancer||Buyers to find services under budget.|
|7.||Outsourcely||Employers and freelancers looking for long-term professional relationships.|
|8.||Codeable.io||Freelancers and businesses looking for projects or services related to WordPress.|
|9.||SEOClerk||Freelancers and businesses looking for SEO projects and services.|
|10.||FreeUp||Businesses looking for the best freelancers within one business day.|
|11.||SolidGigs||Newbies as well as busy freelancers.|
Here are the best alternatives to Fiverr with their detailed descriptions.
Upwork is the most trusted freelance platform in the marketplace. It allows businesses to register, browse professionals, and book consultations for free.
Additionally, it searches for the appropriate person to get the work done once you put in the job post.
Furthermore, it provides low-cost transaction rates. It is known for its better professional standards and security than other freelancing platforms.
Also Read: We have already done a detailed Upwork Vs Fiverr comparison here.
- User-friendly interface.
- A large variety of freelancers and services.
- Easy to set up a business.
- Simplifies the hiring process by setting up tax-related paperwork.
- Premium plan to help large businesses.
- API features help to automate workflow.
- No instructions or templates were provided regarding the job posting.
- Tough to get started as a freelancer.
What makes Upwork unique?
Upwork is the oldest freelancing platform where you find genuine experts.
Additionally, Upwork calculates the number of connections freelancers have before submitting a job proposal, reducing the situation of overcrowded job proposals.
Freelancer.com is an excellent alternative to Fiverr for freelancers and businesses.
Employers can hire freelancers for over 1800 skills like writing, software development, designing, engineering, etc.
Companies post job opportunities in contests where freelancers can bid their fees, and the right person is selected after viewing their portfolio, reviews, etc.
- Unlimited job opportunities.
- Flexibility in work.
- Excellent customer service team.
- eight free applications before you get a premium.
- Sensitive information can be asked during the identity verification process.
- Chances of rejection during the verification process.
- You will find plenty of scammers.
What makes Freelancer.com unique?
Freelancer.com allows you to bid hourly rates instead of fixed prices for most projects to reduce the chances of getting caught in fraud.
Additionally, it provides a feature to organize design contests, where designers compete and win rewards.
Toptal’s company name is made with a combination of top and talent. They call themselves the best place to find the top 3% of freelance talent.
Toptal has limited freelancers to these skills services.
- Financial experts
- Project managers
- Product managers
Toptal conducts a strict process to finalize the freelancers on its platform by selecting roughly 3% of applications from the thousands of freelance applications they get.
- Ensures you find the expert freelancer.
- Fast hiring process.
- Expert freelancers find high-paying clients.
- Least chance of scams.
- Five step screening process makes it difficult for freelancers to get on Toptal.
- Average hourly rates range between $60-$90.
- Excessive automation can be irritating.
- Limited pool of talent
What makes Toptal Unique?
Toptal is a boon to businesses looking for the right freelancer. They provide you with an expert during the hiring process to understand your goals, technical needs, and team dynamics to find the right freelancer for you.
If you are looking for a freelance platform for designers, then 99designs is meant for you.
99designs is the hub for numerous designers for various design assignments, including logo design, merchandise, app design, album cover, tattoo, PowerPoint templates, and much more.
- Money-back guarantee is a boon for businesses.
- Best place for freelance designers to get started.
- You can organize contests to view various designs.
- Expensive services (logo designs starting from $299)
- Designers participating in contests don’t get paid for their efforts.
- No expert to help you pick the right designer.
- Can’t get designer’s feedback, portfolio, or hold interviews.
What makes 99designs unique?
99designs has designers to design everything from an ios app to a wine label. Additionally, you can make your hiring process simple by organizing contests.
Through these design contests, you can ask for desired sample designs from freelancers and select the most suitable one.
Peopleperhour is an online freelance platform that has been helping freelancers and businesses since 2007.
You can find freelancers and projects in various niches, including copywriting, content writing, marketing, designing, etc. You can manage your entire project on PeoplePerHour.
Additionally, you can post a job and wait for the ai system of PeoplePerHour to find the right prospects for the job opening.
You can view the profile of these potential prospects and pay a deposit to start the project.
- Freelancers can send 15 proposals monthly for free.
- Automatic invoicing
- Safe for freelancers since buyers deposit into an escrow account before starting a project.
- Freelancers are approved after the selection process.
- Free job posting for buyers.
- Account management dashboard with two-way messaging.
- Poor customer service.
- The user interface is uneasy.
What makes PeoplePerHour unique?
Peopleperhour provides project streams to enhance collaboration between clients and freelancers.
The client and freelancer can communicate, deliver feedback, and share assets in one place, making the project flow smoothly.
Truelancer is the hub of over 1 million and 500k projects. It provides space to freelancers from countries like the US, India, Philippines, Bangladesh, Pakistan, etc.
Truelancer is known for providing quality services. If you want to get services in a short span, then Truelancer is the place for you.
- Allows you to analyze and interview freelancers.
- Provides a wide range of freelance services at affordable rates.
- You can filter the freelance jobs by location to find the nearest one.
- A harsh place for freelancers due to project fees and membership plans.
- Charges 5% of the project if it is refunded after 30 days.
- Clients harass freelancers by asking for extremely low fees.
What makes Truelancer unique?
Truelancer is a great choice for custom work hirers. It provides freelance services at much cheaper rates than many other websites in the market due to the dominance of freelancers from low-income countries on the website.
Outsourcely advertises itself as a place for remote workers instead of freelancers. It is known for its long-term projects offering stability.
400k reliable remote workers from 180+ countries on Outsourcely provide various services in these fields.
- Design and Multimedia
- Web development
- Mobile application
- Writing and content
- Administrative support
- Customer service
- Sales & Marketing
- Business services
You can do an instant private chat or go for a video or voice interview to select the right freelancer for you via Outsourcely.
- Easy to find full-time remote workers.
- Allows businesses to screen workers directly.
- Not good for one-time gigs.
- Businesses might feel harassed.
What makes Outsourcely unique?
Outsourcely is a great platform for freelancers as it allows freelancers to keep 100% of their earnings.
Outsourcely charges its fee from employers instead of freelancers, making it a reliable platform for freelancers.
Codeable.io is best for you if you are looking for freelancers or projects related to WordPress, including
- Theme development & Customization
- Plugin development & Customization
- Custom Apis & Integration
- Troubleshooting & Maintenance
- Custom WordPress development
- Security & Performance
Codeable.io conducts a 6-round screening test to find the best freelancers from across the globe.
It is trusted by clients, with 96% of clients who say they would return for more work.
- Finds the right freelancer for you
- Free estimate and no obligation to hire
- Secure escrow system for businesses.
- No bidding is available.
- Expensive hourly rates of experts range between $80-$120.
- Strict quality guidelines.
What makes Codeable.io unique?
Codeable.io provides partial or full refunds after examining the project work done by freelancers, so there is no injustice to anyone.
It also runs a single-price algorithm to manage gig fees for overpriced and underpriced issues.
SEOClerks is specially designed for freelancers and businesses with Search engine optimization services.
It provides an instant messenger-styled inbox system to make the experience personal and faster.
- Quality SEO services.
- Helps you filter jobs by price, level, experience, skills, etc.
- You can review employers and freelancers seamlessly.
- They email freelancers about jobs they have applied for recently.
- Bad reputation due to scammers.
- Limited only for SEO services.
What makes SEOClerks unique?
Freelancers on SEOClerks are automatically ranked at different user levels based on performance.
Additionally, SEOClerks helps businesses to buy social media followers, link wheels, and backlinks from your website other than hiring. These services are provided at varied pricing.
FreeUp holds the best freelancers on its platform by recruiting and interviewing thousands of freelancers weekly and selecting the top 1% of talent.
The buyers on free up are matched with the qualified freelancer within 24 hours to finish the work quickly.
- The account manager guides the project and hiring.
- Allows you to set up 15-20 minute interviews for hiring.
- Affordable freelance services where entry-level freelancers charge $5-$15/hour.
- All hours, billing, and future requests can be managed from the same account.
- Agencies looking for hire benefitted more than others.
- Expert freelancers charge a lot.
What makes FreeUp Unique?
FreeUp gives you a “no turnover guarantee.” If a freelancer quits in the middle of the project, then FreeUp will replace them quickly and cover applicable replacement fees.
Solid Gig is a freelance platform where power is given to freelancers rather than clients.
Solid Gigs asks freelancers about their ideal client, searches for the one for you, and sends you alerts.
The solid gig does not cut any percentage of the client’s fee from freelancers, instead asking for a separate fee for platform usage.
- Great platform for beginners looking for gigs
- Simple hiring process.
- Provides daily job notifications.
- Offers a 7-day free trial.
- SolidGig fee is high.
- Freelancers can be disappointing as most of them are newbies.
What makes SolidGigs unique?
When a freelancer provides its ideal gig to SolidGigs, SolidGigs searches a dozen gigs to find the top 1% that matches the criteria. All and all, it is a lead-generation tool for freelancers.
Wrapping Up! Fiverr Alternatives (2023)
With this, you know where you must go if Fiverr is not your thing. The above article provides a summary of Fiverr alternatives.
Nevertheless, our top alternative picks for Fiverr are Upwork, Freelancer, Outsourcely, and Truelancer since these are most similar to Fiverr.
Additionally, we suggest you always look for reviews, commission fees, and platform charges while considering a freelance platform.
Which website is best for Freelancing?
Fiverr and Upwork are the best websites for freelancing.
Is Fiverr worth it for beginners?
Fiverr is worth it for beginners without experience, portfolio, or network. Setting up your business at Fiverr and finding beta clients in no time is easy.
Is there a better website than Fiverr?
Many freelance sites like Upwork, Guru, Flexjob, Workhoppers, etc., are proven to be better than Fiverr for specific people.
Who uses Fiverr the most?
Fiverr is used by clients and freelancers from the USA. It is used more by buyers than sellers.
- Coursera Plus Discount 2023 — $309 OFF (September) - September 20, 2023
- Google Cybersecurity Certificate Review 2023: Is It Worth It? - September 19, 2023
- Teachable Black Friday 2023 (Not Live Yet) - September 18, 2023