Brilliant.org review is one of the well-known online learning platforms. With millions of users and interactive courses, the platform has recently gained popularity.
Do you want to develop your skills in the field of Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics? If yes, then Brilliant.org could be the one you are searching for.
You may be looking for many answers like
- How does the platform work?
- What is the pricing?
- Who is it best for?
- What benefits will you get?
Well, I will answer all your questions and share my experience with the platform as I have completed some of the most popular courses on Brilliant.org.
I have jotted down all the points that will help you decide if the platform suits you.
Brilliant.org Review: In A Nutshell (2024)
The courses on Brilliant.org are taught by award-winning experts, teachers, professionals, and researchers with experience from universities like MIT, Duke, etc., and industries like Google, Microsoft, etc.
The topics specialized in STEM are made to be engaging and fun with bit-sizes courses. The lectures are followed by hands-on learning experience and practical implementation of the theory learned.
The premium version has three basic plans that include monthly or yearly payments and a plan for the team.
|Starting from $12.49 / month
|Can be synced across all devices and provides courses for kids and adults. In-depth courses in Science and Maths.
|Who is it best for?
|Learners aspiring to grow their skills in STEM
Brilliant is an online learning platform that makes learning fun and interactive. You will be able to lay your great foundations in the subjects of STEM. The platform was brought into the limelight in 2012 by Sure Khim.
The Brilliant app has a 4.6-star rating and 75 T reviews on the google play store and a 4.7-star rating with 11,046 reviews.
The courses will provide a visual explanation of the concepts and help you solve challenging problems. The lectures are bite-sized and engaging.
The courses are focused on Maths, Science and Engineering topics. The instructors use a unique way to make the concepts more accessible, understandable, and fun.
How Does Brilliant.org Work?
To make you understand complex concepts & abstract ideas, Brilliant gamify its content. Brilliant keep their students engaged by keeping lessons short and interactive. They also have challenges and quizzes to test the students. All the courses are designed to help you tap into your curious side and also encourage you to be intuitive and accept failures like a champ. Brilliant has over 60 courses that can be taken by anyone who is between the age of 10 to 110.
To know what Brilliant is all about, you can try its 7-day free trial. Course categories available on Brilliant are mathematical thinking, geometry, logic & deduction, the road to calculator, scientific thinking, fundamental computer science, contributing authors, algebra, statistics & probability, contest math, and advanced mathematics. They also have popular learning paths such as advanced topics, foundational math, computer science foundations, and science foundations.
Brilliant.org offers a variety of courses in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. The courses are of different levels according to the needs of kids as well as adults. Brilliant offers courses for students starting from 10 years.
The courses focus on the fun and engaging way of learning. No matter who you are, you will find courses that fulfill the needs of beginners, intermediates, and experts.
The courses mainly consist of topics such as
- Foundational Maths: Logic, Maths Fundamentals, Numbers, Algebra, Geometry, Arithmetics, Modern Maths, etc.
- Advanced Maths: Calculus, Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, Statistics, etc.
- Foundational Science: Science essentials. Everyday Physics, Classical Mechanics, Chemical reactions, Electricity and Magnetism, etc.
- Advanced Science: Astrophysics, Gravitational Physics, Computational Biology, Quantum Computing. Quantum objects, etc.
- Foundational Computer Science: Computer Science Fundamentals, Data Structures, Algorithm Fundamentals, Programming, Neural Networks, etc.
- Advanced Computer Science: Cryptocurrency, Computer Memory, Artificial Neural Networks, Machine Learning, Quantum Computing, etc.
Brilliant provides a 7-day free trial for the users to get acquainted with the platform and to check if the courses provide value to them.
Once you are done with a 7-day free trial, you will have to upgrade to a premium account in order to continue your courses.
Moreover, Brilliant offers free plans for educators and teachers. This free access comes with classroom tools, interactive lessons, etc.
You must be a teacher in a classroom. Also, it will require verifying your educational status. While applying for an education account, you must complete a signup form and a survey to determine your requirements.
On being accepted as an educator, you will get to choose a few courses that suit your needs and take up the unlimited daily challenges and invite your students to learn from Brilliant.
You will have access to an educator account for two years only.
Brilliant.org Premium Plans Benefits
The premium plan on Brilliant offers the following benefits:
- In the today tab, new problems are added every day.
- Sync across all devices.
- Courses that are guided.
- Foundational and advanced maths courses.
- Science and Computer science courses.
Brilliant.org offers monthly, yearly, and group plans. You can check out the table below for the pricing of the plans.
|$19.99 / month
|$12.49 / month
|Group of 3+
|$ 299.88 / year
Pros Of Brilliant.org
- It provides a 7-day free trial to understand and try the platform to check whether it suits your need.
- Interactive learning with a hands-on learning experience.
- The courses provided have flexible deadlines and are self-paced.
- The courses help beginners lay a proper foundation with the help of basics.
- The platform has its apps available in the google play store and on the apple app.
- You can take your lectures on mobile phones, tablets, and laptops.
Cons Of Brilliant.org
- The platform offers only seven days of a free trial. You will not be able to find any free courses on the platform.
- The courses are focused only on STEM. The subjects and topics offered are limited.
- You won’t receive any certificate of completion on completion of the courses.
Who Should Use Brilliant.org?
Whether you are a student, professional, or just an enthusiast seeking to grow, Brilliant.org will serve your needs. The courses focus on STEM topics and offer a new engaging way of learning and problem-solving skills.
Brilliant claims to be beneficial for ten years children to 110 years adults. The platform suits you if you love to learn STEM with hands-on learning and interactive ways.
While going through the courses on Brilliant.org, I found it very interesting to know the topics in Maths and Science that I used to hate previously.
But on the other hand, you must look for other platforms if you are looking for topics other than STEM, which is Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
Final Thoughts: Brilliant.org Review (2024)
That’s all with the Brilliant.org. Concluding about the platform, it’s understood that anyone interested in learning and growing can try it, irrespective of their age. You can expand your knowledge even with busy schedules, as the courses offer flexible deadlines and self-paced learning.
Above all, You can start with the 7-day free trial and switch to a monthly plan if the annual plan seems reasonable and doable. You must consider what you are precisely looking for on the platform and whether the platform suits your needs.
Does Brilliant.org offer a free trial?
Yes, Brilliant.org offer a 7-day free trial on their premium plan. The trial is only available for the yearly plan, so once the trial finishes, you will be charged for the annual subscription. But you can also avoid it by canceling your free trial before it expires.
How much does Brilliant.org cost?
The monthly pricing of Brilliant.org is $24.99/month. For a 3-month plan, the pricing is $19.99/month, and for one year, the pricing is $12.49/month ($149.88/year). If you have a group of 3+, then the pricing is $299.88/year.
What do you get with Brilliant.org premium?
In the premium version of Brilliant.org, you will get access to all the courses, bonus puzzles, and your progress will be synced across the mobile and web apps. You can also choose to learn from multiple courses at a time.
What courses are available on Brilliant.org?
Some of the focused subjects on Brilliant.org are foundational & advanced math, foundation & advanced science, and foundational & advanced computer science. All these subjects have subcategories, and these subcategories also have many courses for you to check out.
Who should use Brilliant.org?
Brilliant.org is designed for three types of people: professionals, students, and lifelong learners.
- 13 Best Free Harvard Online Courses (2024) - February 22, 2024
- 11 Best Speed Reading Courses for 2024 (Free & Paid) - February 22, 2024
- 15 Disadvantages of Online Learning (2024 Edition) - February 21, 2024